The people who were in charge of the political screening advised the Kim Family to help her obtain a permit and an identity card first at least. Only then would she be a true citizen of Country Z.

Chaeyoung was tasked to return to her old home first.

She was extremely reluctant to return to that old place. However, in order for her marriage to Jisoo to proceed smoothly, she was forced to return to her old province to confirm her identity.

This was unavoidable. She was going to have to see her parents again...

Jisoo knew that Chaeyoung's heart was filled with sorrow. He comforted her by saying, "They made certain contributions when they raised you. Although they didn't meet the mark as good parents later on, you still share blood ties with them in the end. If you don't want to see them in the future, you don't have to do that anymore."

Chaeyoung's heart was consoled. She simply needed to wait for the results of their premarital health checkup before she could return to her old home and resolve the problems regarding the proof of her identity.

Normally, the premarital health checkup could be done last, but Jisoo needed to attend the Manoban Family's wedding in Luo Hai soon, so Jiao Shuzhen had arranged for the couple to do the premarital examination together beforehand.

Chaeyoung could not help but admit that this was a troublesome process. She was an exceptionally fit person, but she had to say she was exhausted after having to go to the hospital for two days in a row.

There were semen tests, genetic diagnosis, chromosomal analysis, electrocardiograms, ultrasounds, endocrine examinations, biopsies, and IQ tests...

When Jisoo noticed that the young woman was squirming about impatiently, he consoled her in a small voice, "These tests are necessary to ensure that we can have a healthy baby in the future."

Chaeyoung did not grasp what he meant. She widened her eyes and looked at Jisoo. "Does that mean that I can't marry you if my body isn't up to standard?"

Jisoo did not know how to respond to her silliness but to laugh. "No matter what happens, you're still mine. These tests are merely things that people in the military compound and the sons of the aristocratic families have to go through."

Chaeyoung finally relaxed.

The results would only come out half a month later. Fortunately, Chaeyoung would be busy with her internship and ceased to worry about the matter no more.

Jisoo began his preparations to leave for Luo Hai. He would only return one month later after he left. Deep down, he was reluctant to leave his future wife.

The man brought some food and red wine to Chaeyoung's apartment. He seemed unusually enthusiastic. That was because he was actually harboring impure intentions all along. Unfortunately, young Xiaodai failed to see through his little schemes.

Once she had gulped down several glasses of red wine, Chaeyoung's low tolerance for alcohol was exposed. Her flushed little face felt as though it was about to burn up soon while her head felt heavy and dizzy. Her vision was blurry when she glanced at Jisoo.

"Big Brother Jisoo... Your head... Why do you have two heads?"

The woman's voice was delicate and sweet. The corners of her lips were stretched into a wide smile as though she had truly found a rare treasure.

Jisoo snatched the wine glass from her hand when he heard that. He wanted her to drink some alcohol to lighten the mood, but it seemed like this girl had drunk just a little too much.

"Why won't you let me drink..." Chaeyoung sounded rather annoyed. She reached her little hand out to wrench the wine glass back, but her limbs were not cooperating, so she leaned headfirst into him.

Jisoo carried her in his arms and held her against his chest. The handsome man's breathing started becoming unsteady. His lips were tinged with the scent of alcohol, but he pressed them against her ears. "You've had too much to drink. I won't be able to do what I've planned in a while!"

Chaeyoung narrowed her eyes. She had trouble understanding him. "What do you mean?"

"I want you!" said Jisoo boldly. This man was truly shameless at this moment. Since she was already drunk, he did not care about anything anymore.

Chaeyoung spent a long time thinking, but she could not fully comprehend the meaning behind his words. She simply cocked her head to one side and rubbed it against his shoulder. This forced the man to suppress the heat that was burning throughout his entire body...

"Xiaodai, do you know that this is very dangerous?"

Jisoo's voice was unimaginably hoarse. He tightened his grip around the woman's limp body in his arms.

He had failed to have his way with her ever since their very first time together.

He certainly wanted to do it again, but that silly woman merely said, "We'll be married soon. Why are you rushing?"

She wanted to resist and had voiced her disapproval in a roundabout manner. She did not yearn for things like this. These situations had occurred because of the pain that she had previously felt.

Apparently, she was afraid of pain...

Jisoo felt that matters of the heart could only be solved by getting to the core of the issue. He rewarded her with a feast today so that he could achieve his goal.

----------------------------------------
*DO NOT VOTE PLEASE*