The Old Mistress instructed someone to call Jennie over. She was going to give her a jade Buddha pendant from her own jewelry box.

"When your grandfather was fighting the bandits that year, he had raided the leader's lair and seized this item from them. It's rumored that it belonged to the emperor during the ancient times. Your grandfather's superiors rewarded him with this jade pendant for his military accomplishments."

Jennie looked at that piece of beautiful jade. It was pure and gave off a mysterious glimmer that reminded her of the ancient times. She had seen numerous treasures in the Kim household, but there were only a few with colors and appearances that could rival this jade.

This was definitely an excellent item. She glanced at it a few more times . Doubts stirred in her mind as she thought, 'Is she going to give it to me?'

Jennie's expression did not betray her thoughts. Unlike the other people in the Manoban Family Mansion who worshiped this elderly woman, Jennie was always indifferent toward her. Nonetheless, she did not resent the old woman.

"Many years have passed since you've become a part of the Manoban Family, but I never gave you a decent present. This jade Buddha pendant has been with me for several decades, but I'm giving it to you today. Please consider this as an apology..."

The Old Mistress was on the verge of tears when she said this. She placed the fine piece of jade on Jennie's palm.

Jennie was so stunned by the Old Mistress' words that her entire body trembled. The slight coolness from the jade Buddha in her palm jerked Jennie out of her reverie.

A lump formed in her throat. She realized that Lisa had never told the Old Mistress the truth about Dongwook's sacrifice.

Jennie was filled with uneasiness when she realized that the Old Mistress was apologizing to her without knowing about her true identity.

"Grandmother, why are you giving this away when grandfather gave it to you?"

She tried to decline, but the Old Mistress pressed her palm closed. She murmured, "Men wear the Guanyin while women wear the Buddha. If you keep this close to you, it'll ensure that your life is peaceful. The Manoban Family cannot endure any trouble anymore. You've returned and given the Manoban Family two great-grandchildren. Please don't hold any grudges against me for the things that I did in the past..."

The Old Mistress took a deep breath as she said that. She sighed, "I'm old, but it'll be fine for me to die now that I've seen Lisa prosper!"

Jennie choked back sobs. "Grandmother, please don't say that..."

...

Jennie was in low spirits when she returned from Upper Mansion.

Lisa did not know about the touching moment that happened between those two women. He had merely assumed that Jennie was in a bad mood because she was bored at home. He suggested taking her shopping so that they could buy some things for their baby.

Jennie was depressed when she was pregnant with Leo and did not care about preparing the items for his daily needs.

Wu Meiyun single-handedly made the arrangements for those items after the child was born. Everything from his swaddling clothes to the other items was obviously the best from Capital City. Unfortunately, the child's mother was not the one who personally prepared those things for him. Jennie felt that she did not deserve Leo whenever she recalled this.

When she had this baby, Jennie decided that she would make up properly for her previous shortcomings.

Lisa's suggestion excited her.

Both of them got into his car and went to the shopping mall.

*

Inside the baby products store...

Jennie was in an awkward predicament again. The saleswoman wanted to know the sex of her baby so that they could decide on a color scheme, but Jennie had no idea.

"Just recommend us the items for a girl!"

Lisa made the decision on her behalf. It seemed like he had already decided that he wanted a son and a daughter as soon as possible.

Jennie did not argue with him. She merely smiled and allowed him to do as he pleased. This man did not hold back when he pampered his son and wife now. He would be incredibly happy if she really gave birth to a girl.

When the saleswoman noticed Lisa's dignified manner that made him stand out from the crowd, and the scene of him settling the bill flashed in her mind. He would definitely be an excellent customer who would spend his money extravagantly. The commission that she would earn this afternoon would probably be more than a month's salary.

The saleswoman became more enthusiastic when she realized this. She spared no effort when she recommended the items to them. Jennie's shopping cart was filled to the brim with products for the baby in no time.

The salesperson's eyes lit up brightly when Lisa passed her a black card once they had finished shopping.

Jennie trailed behind them. Many people were lining up to pay, but the cashier gave Lisa special treatment because he was a priority customer with a black card. A staff member came over and opened another counter just for him so that he could pay.

At this moment, a pregnant woman walked over while pushing her shopping cart. She lined up behind Jennie.

"I'm sorry, ma'am. This counter was only opened for the customer in front of you and his wife. Please pay at the other counter." The salesperson politely stopped the pregnant woman.

"Oh? Could you make an exception for me? There are a lot of people there and my legs are already swollen. It's going to take a long time to line up..." The woman's voice was soft and gentle. It also sounded strangely familiar.

Jennie turned and glanced in the direction of the voice. She quietly exclaimed, "Tzuyu!"

The woman was also shocked. Her complexion was pale when she saw Jennie. Her lips trembled as she said, "Jennie, you... You're back?"

----------------------------------------
*DO NOT VOTE PLEASE*