XXI

I'm convinced all y'all hate me now, I'm sorry 🥺

Omniscient

"So it may seems strange seeing your mom like this but the visits have been helping her get better," The psychiatrist explained to Sinai.

"She won't remember me?" Sinai questioned sadly,

"Naala goes through different stages. Sometimes she's lucid and sometimes she doesn't know who anyone is," The psychiatrist spoke quietly,

"How is she today?" Sinai said looking through the glass at Naala.

"Today she's okay, I'm not sure what age she thinks she is though," The psychiatrist forewarned Sinai,

"Okay, thank you," Sinai took a deep breath and took the pass, entering the room.

This was her first time seeing her mom in a few weeks, since everything that happened.

"Mommy?" Sinai said tapping her shoulder,

"Hello," Naala replied with a confused glance. "Are you looking for your mom?"

"You are my mom," Sinai sat in front of her, her heart breaking slightly.

"That's not possible," Naala laughed. "I have three children and they're all young, you're too old,"

"Three?" Sinai said with a sigh,

"Yes I have a daughter, her name is Sinai, she's 11. I have a son, his name is Saint, he is 5 and then I have Malia, she's 4," She explained.

"My name is Sinai." Sinai said with sad eyes, "I'm Sinai mom,"

Naala stared blankly at her, trying to recognise her. "I don't think you are, she's younger,"

"It's me, look at my birth mark," Sinai showed Naala her arm,

Naala ran her fingers over it and gasped, "Nai?" Her eyes lit up.

"Yeah," Sinai nodded, her eyes filling with tears.

"But how, you're just a baby, the last time I saw you, you were a baby," Naala replied sitting back. "Who are you and why are you lying?"

"I'm not lying mom, I'm Sinai," She said wiping her tears.

"I don't believe you," Naala shook her head. She looked towards her psychiatrist, "Can you take her away from me? She keeps calling me mom,"

"She's taking you home today Naala," Tina her psychiatrist explained.

"Oh, home?" Naala muttered rubbing her arm. "Where is home, strange girl?" She asked Sinai.

"I'm not a strange girl mama," Sinai responded with a sad face,

"But I don't know you so you're strange to me," Naala shrugged.

"I can't take her home like this," Sinai shook her head. "She won't even get in the car with me if she doesn't know who I am,"

"There is someone she asks for a lot," Tina said quietly. "Do you know someone called Amir?"

"My dad," Sinai nodded, "But he's not allowed around her,"

"If she knows you know him, she will go with you. She talks about him all day," Tina nodded.

"Mama do you wanna go and see Amir?" Sinai said turning her attention back to Naala.

"Amir?" Naala said with a wide smile, "Yes I do," She nodded quickly.

"Okay let's go," Sinai held her hand out,