IX

Trigger warning 🚸

Omniscient

That same night ...

"I'm not in the mood," Naala whispered when Dave tugged on her panties.

"What's wrong?" Dave asked looking up at her.

"I just don't feel like it," She huffed, "And plus, the kids are gonna be back soon,"

"You're not gonna tell me what's actually wrong?" Dave sighed sitting up so they were face to face.

"When you look at me, what do you see?" Naala asked him lowly,

"My wife, what kind of question is that?" Dave furrowed his eyebrows at her.

Naala sighed and looked away from him, putting her attention on the tv in front of them.

"Naala," Dave said turning her head back to him, "What's up?" He asked again.

Dave knew her well, he knew there was something up with her as soon as they sat on the couch together.

"I feel disgusting," Naala mumbled, "I can't even look at myself in the mirror, I don't want you to look at me,"

"You look the same to me baby, beautiful as always," Dave said confused as to where this was coming from.

"I'm not comfortable in my own skin right now, I want to have sex with you, trust me I do but I physically can't," Naala started to ramble, getting upset with herself.

"Love, I'm not thinking about sex, I just wanted to make you feel good," Dave said wrapping his arm around her shoulder. "I don't want you thinking thats all I care about,"

"Really?" Naala asked blinking at him,

"Don't cry La," Dave said wiping her eyes. Naala let a few tears fall and leaned into him more. "I don't want anybody but you, that's how it's always been,"

"You're my literal soulmate," Naala pouted looking up at him.

"And you thought you were going to leave me," Dave said to her,

"Never," She sighed, her mind drifting to how life would be when she was gone.

"Bae, when I'm gone I want you to move on," Naala whispered, holding his hand.

"You're not going anywhere," Dave responded, trying not to think about a life without his wife in it.

"I'm dying Amir," Naala said closing her eyes against his chest. "You have to move on," She told him.

"Naala I'm not going to let you die, there's so much more that we have to experience together," Dave replied clearing his throat.

"Just don't get with anyone called Lisa, I hate that name," Naala said jokingly, "Or Trinity, I know she's counting down to the day I finally go,"

"Stop talking about this now," Dave said not finding any of it funny. "Watch the movie," He nodded at the TV.

Naala nodded and looked back to the TV, which was playing their favorite movie. Dave looked down at her and kissed her forehead, holding her close.