Tzuyu's forehead was bandaged. Her thin figure leaned against the railing in front of the window as she stared blankly into the distance.

Jennie pushed open the door and entered. She muttered, "Tzuyu?"

The woman turned her head. Her gaze was empty despite the numerous trials and tribulations that she had endured. "Jennie, why are you here again? I'll be discharged tomorrow."

Tzuyu pulled a chair over and passed it to Jennie as she spoke.

The food that Jennie brought was quickly placed on the little dining table.

Tzuyu's appetite had yet to return since the banquet. She barely ate anything while she had been hospitalized for the past few days. Frankly, she could not consume anything without feeling sick. However, she had finally regained some of her desire to eat when she saw the food that Jennie brought.

"Jennie, I need to ask you for a small favor," murmured Tzuyu after they finished eating. Jennie leaned closer to her. "Of course, I'll help you. Tell me what you need."

Jennie did not know why she was being so loyal. Perhaps she was reminded of her previously helpless self when she saw Tzuyu now.

The members of the Kim Family were not much kinder than those of the Chou Family. They had abandoned her when she was imprisoned for two years. Nonetheless, she was a benevolent person who never held any grudges against her brother and father after her release.

They were her family!

"I left some things in Peace Mansion. Could you help me bring them over? I can't go back now. Xue Meiwei won't just let everything go if she sees me..."

A troubled expression showed on Tzuyu's face as she spoke.

"Alright, I'll go back and get them for you. You just have to tell me what they are."

The servant in Peace Mansion, Little Cui, was still there. She knew everything that was in the house. Tzuyu nodded and said, "I'll give you a list soon. You can just take the things that are listed down. You don't have to worry because these are all my personal belongings. I'm not going to touch a single thing that belongs to the Manoban Family."

Jennie watched as Tzuyu meticulously wrote down the things she needed on a piece of paper. They simply consisted of several old diaries, autograph books, and certificates.

Jennie carefully put away the list. She recalled how Tzuyu had previously advised her to think about her future before she left. Now that Tzuyu was leaving the Manoban Family, she stubbornly refused to take a single cent.

Jennie glanced at Tzuyu. She whispered, "What are you planning to do after this?"

"I told you that I was going to marry Jungkook. But I haven't told him that yet, of course. I'm worried that he'll change his mind about me..."

Tzuyu quietly lowered her head as she spoke. "I don't have anything now. I don't have any respect and I've lost my dignity..."

Jennie held Tzuyu's hand and stopped her from muttering. "This isn't your fault. If I could, I'd take you to see Jungkook!"

*

Jennie did not go directly to Hibiscus Garden when she returned to the mansion. Instead, she went to Peace Mansion first.

She knew that Xue Meiwei would be taking care of Jae-wook in the hospital now. This was the most convenient time to take Tzuyu's belongings since their servant would be the only person at home.

Jennie walked around the little garden and passed the fence below the veranda. She noticed that Peace Mansion's courtyard looked bare.

She recalled how this place was once considered a status symbol. After all, Luo Hai's most important individuals had lived here. Nonetheless, it looked remarkably miserable and dilapidated now.