“No, you’ve got it wrong, Mrs. Manoban. I’m not asking this because I’m suspicious of Tzuyu. This is merely a formality. We have to ask about the people who were related to the victim in close detail. Taecyeon's murder happened in his own home. Everyone here is a suspect, including the servants!”

Xue Meiwei still had some trouble believing Huai once he had finished explaining everything. Among the people in their household, Tzuyu was definitely one of them who hated Taecyeon the most.

She was obviously aware that Taecyeon had abused Tzuyu. The only person whom they were hiding this from was the Old Mistress. The mistreatment was an open secret in Peace Mansion.

Tzuyu might seem like a mild-mannered person, but she was not a complete pushover. She was famous among the female entrepreneurs in Luo Hai for her success in the National Arts Commerce. Why would a woman like her subject herself to such abuse?

“Frankly, my daughter-in-law may seem gentle and faultless, but her relationship with Taecyeon has been fraught with problems, Captain Huai. Taecyeon had a temper, so it was inevitable that they would fight sometimes! Tzuyu is a cunning and calculative woman. You don’t have to show her mercy if you discover that she was involved in this!”

Xue Meiwei seemed to have made the decision to sever her ties with her daughter-in-law.

She had never wanted this woman as her daughter-in-law, so how could she be good enough for her son?

Huai glanced at Xue Meiwei and nodded. “I won’t be lenient no matter who the killer is!”

*

Chaeyoung dropped by in secret with Jennie. The corners of Huai’s lips curled upward into a smirk when he saw Jennie. “Miss Kim, you should really think about changing jobs!”

“You’re too kind, Captain Huai. You’re a criminal police officer despite your background as an elite in the business world. I’m merely an outsider who came to watch the exciting events unfold!”

Jennie knew that Huai was reluctant to involve her. This was the best time for her to be thick-skinned.

“Miss Kim, don’t forget that you could also be a suspect!”

“I haven’t forgotten. I’m following you so that you can interrogate me whenever you like!” Jennie smiled.

Huai did not say anything and focused on Peace Mansion’s west wing instead.

Nothing had changed since the murder happened here, except for the human outline that was drawn with a white color pencil. This was done to mark the original location where the corpse was found.

Tzuyu had moved to Upper Mansion. Although Somi and Tzuyu had never been close, Somi was friendly toward her when she arrived. They acted like a pair of close sisters in front of the Old Mistress. They were even considerate of each other.

Huai circled the hall and inspected it before he went to the dining room and kitchen.

“Miss Kim, does the entire Manoban Family use the same water supply system?”

Huai asked Jennie this when he noticed that there were two water inlets in the kitchen.

“They’re basically the same!” Jennie came over to inspect it as well. She pointed at a slightly larger faucet. “We usually use the bigger tap to wash our ingredients and cutlery.”

There was another water inlet next to it. A slightly smaller faucet was connected to this one. It had a screw-like handle.

Jennie pointed at the smaller faucet, saying, “The Manoban Family imported this water filter from Germany. These filters are installed throughout all the mansions. The filtered water can either be drank cold or hot from here. This handle is used to control the water temperature.”

She knew these things about the house because she usually cooked at home with Ah Fu.

Huai pulled the handle. Cold water came out of the left valve while hot water came out of the right one.

“Can you drink this water directly?” asked Huai.

He knew that certain aristocrats were so spoiled that they never drank the water from local sources. He stayed away from arrogant and picky people like them because he was not used to their behavior.

“Yes, we can drink it directly. This water is sourced from the Hundred Grain Mountain Spring at Autumn View Mountain. It becomes super clean once it passes through the water filter. We usually just drink this water at home instead of getting water from other sources.”

Jennie noticed that Huai’s expression had darkened once she finished speaking. The man seemed lost in his own thoughts. Suddenly, he kneeled down and opened the door of the bottom cabinet. He saw that the pipe’s connector was hidden inside there.

Huai called loudly for the technician, Liu Qi. “Little Liu, remove this connector for me. I want to look inside.”

Jennie and Chaeyoung exchanged glances. They had no clue what Huai was doing.

Liu Qi came over with his specialized tools and removed the pipe efficiently.

----------------------------------------
*DO NOT VOTE PLEASE*