Expecting (Ski mask)

It's now been 3 years since I had met Stokeley and since then he's moved in and Myla is his biggest fan. They've bonded so much over the past 3 years and it warms my heart that he treats her like his own. "Stoke?" I whispered in attempt to not wake up my sleeping daughter as Stokeley started setting up decorations for her 8th birthday.

"Yeah baby?" He asked not turning his attention to me as he was hanging her balloons spelling out her name up on the wall. 

"Can you look at me please?" I asked nervously. I had just found out that I was pregnant. 6 weeks pregnant to be specific. I had gone to the doctors last week as I felt really unwell and I didn't think that I would be as I take the pill. Stokeley turned his attention to me as he stepped off the ladders and stood in front of me. "I'm.. well last week... I've been" I stuttered not really knowing how to say it. We haven't really spoke about having kids together.

"Baby calm down. Are you ok?" He asked rubbing my shoulders in attempt to calm me down.

"I'm pregnant" I whispered looking down at the floor.

"What?"

"I'm pregnant" I admitted again.

"Pregnant... wow" he sighed walking over to the couch and sitting down. He looked up at me confused "I thought you took the pill"

"I do... I did but this happens" I started shaking. I've been left to be a single mother before and I must admit I turned out to be a brilliant mother and it was one of the best decisions I have made but I don't think I could do it all over again with a child.

"It happens" he sighed "I'm a dad" he stood up smiling and suddenly I felt better. He picked me up from the floor and spun me around.

"Be careful" I giggled as he set me back down gently and gave me a soft kiss on the lips.

"It's my birthday!" Myla came running downstairs and straight to Stokeley. She really does love him.

"I think it's time someone got their presents then pancakes?" He asked and the little girl jumped up and down excitedly as she sat on the sofa with her presents and began to rip the paper off.

"Thank you Mammy and Stoke I love them" she smiled at us still holding her favourite barbie that she'd gotten.

"You have one more" I got up and got the last present from the draw. Stokeley was confused as we hadn't discussed getting her anything else from us. I handed her the parcel and she ripped the paper off immediately and pulling a top out.

As she read it her smile became bigger if that was even possible

As she read it her smile became bigger if that was even possible. "I'm going to be a sister?" She excitedly jumped up from the couch holding the top in the air. Stoke put his arm around my shoulder and bringing me into a hug mumbling ans 'I love you' in my hair. "But Stoke is a dad?" She asked making me giggle.

"Yes Stokeley is a dad" I smiled at her bringing her to sit in my lap.

"Their dad" she whispered. "Not mine" I looked up at Stokeley who looked heart broken.

"Myla St-."

"I am your dad" Stokeley cut me off. "I've been your dad for 3 years and I'll be your dad for the rest of every year to come"

"I love you dad" she smiled up at him as he brought her into a hug making tears stream down my face.