Betty (Jack Harlow)

Flashback
It's Friday, my boyfriend Jack and I were chilling at my house in London. Jack came down last week to spend a few weeks with me in London before I move to America with him. We were sat on the couch watching telly till I heard frantic banging at the door causing me to immediately sit up. I turned to Jack looking confused as didn't know who would be disturbing us at this time.

"I'll go" Jack got up and walked to the front door. "Alright I'm coming" He shouted towards the banging that was echoing throughout the house.

"I need y/n" I heard the voice of my little brother James, he sounded out of breath. Jack lead him through to the living room where I sat on the couch.

"James? What the hell are you doing here at this time?" I asked standing up. He looked distressed and upset making me worry slightly.

"I fucked up y/n" I sighed sitting down with a frustrated groan. I looked back towards Jack and he just shrugged knowing as little as I did about what was going on.

"What do you mean? Are you in trouble?" I asked taking a seat next to James and comforting him.

"No, I fucked up with Betty" he put his head in his hands. Betty was the girl James had been dating for quite a while, she was a sweet young girl and to make it better she was a huge fan of my music. "I need your help to get her back"

"James what did you do?" I asked looking towards him moving to sit back up and look at me.

"I cheated" he admitted.

"You what?" I was shocked that he would do anything like this, he loved Betty and he was old enough to know that this was wrong he's 17. "James I don't know how I can help this is your mess" I explained.

"Well she loves your music I was thinking you could... write her a song?" He asked giving me a small smile and pleading eyes. I sighed rolling my eyes knowing that I can't say no to him.

"Fine" I huffed "but your helping" I pointed towards him as I got up going to get my writing book.

End of flashback
Today was Betty's birthday party and the day James and I were preforming the song we had worked on.

"I'm kinda nervous" I giggled turning to Jack as I walked around his car to meet him in the middle.

"It's a bunch and teenagers y/n not a sold out arena" he laughed taking my hand as we walked down the street to James who was still sat in his car. Jack knocked on his window grabbing his attention, he rolled it down.

"Hey mate you ready?" Jack asked James through the window and he just nodded before slowly getting out the car. "You'll be ok" Jack patted his back as we walked through to her garden where she was having her party. As we walked through there were a bunch of whispers about James turning up and some girls whispering about Jack. "Good luck baby" he smiled handing me my guitar and giving me a small peck on the cheek.

"Can I have everyone's attention please!" James announced making everyone fall silent.

"What the fuck are you doing here James, I never want to see you" Betty walked through to the front of the crowd.

"I have a present for you then you can kick me out after. Me and my sister wrote you something special" he gestured to me sitting in the middle of the garden on a chair with my guitar.

"This song is called 'Betty'" I smiled as I began fo strum my guitar.
Betty, I won't make assumptions
About why you switched your homeroom but
I think it's 'cause of me
Betty, one time I was riding on my skateboard
When I passed your house
It's like I couldn't breathe
I sang the words James helped me write last weekend, he was so nervous about today and as I looked over at Betty she didn't seem to impressed at the moment.

You heard the rumors from Inez
You can't believe a word she says
Most times, but this time it was true
The worst thing that I ever did
Was what I did to you
Flashback
I was sat around the table with James and Jack as we continued to work on the song.
"We need more information" I tapped the pen onto the pad of paper racking my brain.

"What happened when she found out?" Jack asked from across from James.

"Her friend Inez told her. She spreads everyone's business all the time. She didn't believe her at first because she doesn't like me" James retold the story of what happened so I incorporated Inez into the song.

But if I just showed up at your party
Would you have me?
Would you want me?
Would you tell me to go straight to hell?
Or lead me to the garden?
In the garden would you trust me
If I told you it was just a summer thing?
I'm only 17, I don't know anything
But I know I miss you
Betty, I know where it all went wrong
Your favorite song was playing
From the far side of the gym
I was nowhere to be found
I hate the crowds, you know that
Plus, I saw you dance with him
You heard the rumors from Inez
You can't believe a word she says
Most times, but this time it was true
The worst thing that I ever did
Was what I did to you
But if I just showed up at your party
Would you have me?
Would you want me?
Would you tell me to go straight to hell?
Or lead me to the garden?
In the garden would you trust me
If I told you it was just a summer thing?
I'm only seventeen, I don't know anything
But I know I miss you
I was walking home on broken cobblestones
Just thinking of you when she pulled up like
A figment of my worst intentions
She said "James, get in, let's drive"
Those days turned into nights
Slept next to her, but
I dreamt of you all summer long
Betty, I'm here on your doorstep
And I planned it out for weeks now
But it's finally sinkin' in
Betty, right now is the last time
I can dream about what happens when
You see my face again
The only thing I wanna do
Is make it up to you
So I showed up at your party
Yeah, I showed up at your party
Will you have me?
Will you love me?
Will you kiss me on the porch
In front of all your stupid friends?
If you kiss me, will it be just like I dreamed it?
Will it patch your broken wings?
I'm only 17, I don't know anything
But I know I miss you
I closed my eyes as I sang so that I wasn't distracted by anyone and to focus. As the song was nearing the end I felt nervous for James.

Standing in your cardigan
Kissin' in my car again
Stopped at a streetlight
You know I miss you
I sang the final lines of the song and as I opened my eyes Betty was in tears. I felt bad I didn't want to ruin her day, I was just trying to help my brother.

I stood up handing the guitar to Jack as we got ready to leave. "You did good" he smiled down at me.

"Hey wait!" Betty shouted to us. "James, did you mean all that?" She asked standing in front of him biting her lip nervously looking down.

"Yeah, I worked in it for days" he explained and I coughed "well we" James gestured to me smiling nervously.

"I forgive you" she sighed taking his hand and he stood there frozen. I smiled up at Jack who looked teary eyed. Betty leant in and kissed James so that was Jack and I que to leave.

"Are you crying?" I giggled as we both walked back to his car.

"No I just got emotional, I love, love" he smiled putting my guitar in the boot. "You'll make an amazing mam"