Although he usually detested Taecyeon, he was still one of the Manoban Family's successors in the end.

Taecyeon's sudden death was not all just a pleasant surprise to Lisa. It had become also another source of anxiety for him.

"I want to follow this case. I'm not a police officer so I don't have to worry about arousing suspicion. Why would they harm me if they're only concerned about the Manoban Family?"

Jennie had no idea why Lisa was suddenly allowing himself to be swayed by his emotions.

"I know that you don't have to worry about that. But now that something had happened in our family, my heart will be extremely empty if you leave my sight. I don't want the incident that occurred three years ago to happen again!"

Lisa was not being entirely irrational. Two strange murder cases had happened within these few years. The first case was the murder of "Somi" that Jennie was falsely accused of committing. He did not know who would suffer from today's murder.

Only then did Jennie realize that Lisa was worried about this. She smiled gently and said, "I'm a different person now. You don't have to worry. I won't be so stupid as to let others frame me again..."

Lisa pulled her into his arms in one swift motion. He did not care that other people were looking at him. He ignored the struggles the woman in his arms was putting up as well. "Nini, I'm sorry!"

The man's voice was hoarse but seductive. This electrifying male voice had to belong to Lisa. Warm air left his lips as he caressed her forehead.

Jennie was stunned. She could not understand why Lisa had suddenly said these weird things.

"I didn't protect you properly in the past! If I could turn back time, I would definitely change my decisions. I wouldn't allow other people to take you away during our wedding! I was selfish!"

Lisa's sounded a bit like he was choking back a sob.

Today's events had unearthed the uneasiness in his heart. If this had not happened, he would probably have trouble mentioning the death of "Somi" and the fact that Jennie was framed and dragged away on her wedding day.

He was certainly repenting for neglecting his duties and being selfish.

Jisoo was right. He had paid a hefty price to get rid of Woo-bin. Basically, he had disregarded all costs.

Certain things had crossed his mind today. If he allowed Jennie to leave him again, his world would probably crumble to pieces...

"I can't leave you! Otherwise, I'll truly die..."

This man, who was usually so reserved and composed, had openly expressed his deepest and most sincere feelings today.

Things like restraint, indifference, and arrogance could go to hell!

He had lost her for two years. This had forced her to experience so much suffering. She was a thorn in his flesh that could never be removed!

Jennie had no chance to breathe when he held her tightly in his arms, but her heart was filled with warmth. She could not help but to wrap her little hands around his waist.

The coldness, doubts, and confusion that lingered in her heart for a long time slowly vanished in this man's passionate embrace. Expressing himself had never been his strong suit. If he had not gotten upset earlier, he would probably have kept this in his heart for the rest of his life!

"Lisa, I'd also die if I left you! So don't worry, I won't throw myself into the deep end like an idiot. I'm only following this case because it's part of my job. It'll be fine!"

Jennie buried her face against his chest. She did not care whether her colleagues were looking at them. She simply longed for his warmth.

This scene greatly shocked the onlookers.

Eunwoo stared at his coworker in shock. This young man's reaction was slightly delayed in comparison to everyone else. A thought suddenly flashed in his mind. His goddess probably treated him coldly all the time because there was something between her and Third Young Master Manoban!

However, their tender moment was suddenly interrupted.

The couple heard a woman's mournful voice while they were still intimately intertwined. "Taecyeon... is dead?"

Jennie turned around and saw that Tzuyu was still dressed in her office wear. Her bony figure looked weak, helpless, and frightened.

Her ashen face was completely blank. She shot a questioning glance at Jennie when she saw her and Lisa.

Jennie walked over and held Tzuyu's hand. "Tzuyu, Taecyeon's dead. His body is in the car. They're taking him away for an autopsy..."

Tzuyu still seemed to be in shock. It looked like she was walking on cotton when she took shaky steps towards the corpse on the stretcher.

Jennie could tell that Tzuyu was extremely conflicted. This man who had hit, tortured, and abused her had suddenly died. It was all over. He was still her husband though...

Tzuyu lifted the white cloth and stared at Taecyeon's twisted face. Her shoulders trembled violently. Suddenly, she covered her mouth and ran to the Japanese banana tree. She sorrowfully wept until she lost her voice. She sobbed and threw up the food she just ate...

----------------------------------------
*DO NOT VOTE PLEASE*