"Don't let my dad or my brother know about this, they'd kill me."

Yeji exaggerated a little, she had done much worse than this, never once was she even beaten...

"Got it." After changing, Jennie wore her surgical mask and nurse cap in front of the mirror. She turned around and asked, "Do other nurses wear masks?"

She felt even more exposed the more she tried to hide her identity, it was weird.

Yeji was tickled by the question. "The only nurse following is you, who cares if the others are wearing masks!"

It looked like Minho was pretty strict on the privacy.

"Normally, nurses won't be necessary, only the attending physician would be present. However, Ye Kun accidentally hurt his waist and got a steel plate attached to him. Today's the day to remove it, so he needs an assistant."

Yeji tidied up Jennie's collar. "Don't worry, just go in, have a look. I heard the patient is super tight-lipped, almost nobody has heard him speak."

Jennie nodded. She had not even thought of a reason why she needed to see Ye Kun...

However, Yanni's sudden "feud" with him and her leaving a suicide note addressed to her were very confusing, Jennie wanted to unravel the mystery.

After leaving Yeji's restroom, Jennie followed Yeji to the quarantine area.

Jungkook was waiting at the entrance. His white robe fluttered, accentuating his coolness.

Jennie's footsteps faltered slightly. She asked Yeji, "He's Jeon Jungkook?"

Yeji was startled, "You know him?"

Jennie nodded. "He's my college mate and used to pursue Tzuyu..."

Jennie did not know if she should be saying this to other Manoban Family members. Lisa did not care, and among the Manoban Family, except Tzuyu, only she herself knew of this.

Jungkook was not a Luo Hai citizen. He could have stayed on to study after graduating, but he chose to come to Luo Hai, and even got himself admitted into the staff of Minho's military hospital.

Not even Jennie knew about this.

"Whoa! No wonder Doctor Jeon is such a rejecter. He's still not letting go of Tzuyu!"

Yeji was a little excited. "Honestly though, Tzuyu would be much happier if she married him, as compared to marrying the Demon Manoban! Doctor Jeon is handsome and cultured, if you didn't mention this, I would've teased the Big White Bunny out of him!"

As she said that, Yeji smiled deviously. Uh...

Was the "Demon Manoban" Yeji spoke of, Taecyeon?

Also, what's with Yeji and her obsession of seeing all men as Little White Bunnies?

Spotting Yeji's from far, Jungkook waved his arm lightly. Yeji immediately changed her demeanor. She suppressed her urge to tease the Big White Bunny and greeted him politely, "Doctor Jeon, thank you for your help. This is the one, please bring her in!"

Jungkook perused the clear-eyed woman with a mask and was surprised. He asked with a low voice, "Jennie?"

"What a crisp recognition skill, Doctor Jeon. You even recognized me in a mask, it's been so long."

Jennie offered her hand. Jungkook hesitated and shook her hand lightly, saying, "Really, it's been so long!"

It may be due to his knowledge of Jennie and Tzuyu's relationship, Jungkook was a little uncomfortable. However, he quickly recovered his usual composure and instructed Jennie, "Don't take too long. I don't want Dean Manoban to find out that I broke his trust."

Jennie nodded in understanding. Her being here was purely for fun, while they were here to earn their living.

As the guard saw Jungkook bringing a nurse, he did stop them to interrogate. However, Yeji already instructed that Jungkook would handle everything.

After passing the check, Jennie exhaled in relief. The quarantine zone was set up specifically for Ye Kun, there were three checkpoints.

Ye Kun had almost recovered, but due to his amputation, he had trouble moving about.

When the care workers were resting, he wanted some water to drink and accidentally fell off his wheelchair and hurt his waist.

Jungkook asked Jennie for help removing the steel plate from Ye Kun. Jennie saw that the man on the wheelchair was frail and sickly, his life experience showing between his brows.

The body in the wheelchair was so stiff, he could not control himself.

In the whole time that Jungkook detached the steel plate and gave him check-up, he had not spoken a word, his gaze drooping.

Jennie felt as if she was stabbed by a sword. This quinquagenarian man must have had it rough, or he would not have left so many scars on his body, yet still continuing to endure. Jungkook nudged Jennie with his gaze before he left.

Jennie pulled down her mask and called softly, "Mr Ye..."

Ye Kun looked as if he was electrocuted. He slowly lifted his head. His voice was croaky, as if he had just emerged from an otherworldly tomb
(TN: A reference to a well-known Chinese Wuxia novel, in which the protagonist met his teacher in a tomb)..

"Xiao Mei? Is that you?"

----------------------------------------
*DO NOT VOTE PLEASE*