Chapter 39

It's been two days now and I still haven't found the motivation to visit my mother.
Mason had called me two hundred times the last few days and each time I ignored him.
I don't know what he is thinking humiliating me like this and then calling me like nothing happened.
Me and Ruby got closer during the last days and she is even really nice to me.
Luckily no one suspected that I was with Ruby the last few days because I really didn't feel like visiting Mason.

,,How long are you going to mourn Mason?" She asked.

,,Until my soul is better," I answered.

,,You've been lying on the couch for two days, you're rotting here!" she said and laughed.

,,I can't stop thinking about him," I admitted.

,,Do you miss him?" she asked.

,,Yes, and I hate myself for it," I said.

,,You can miss a person and still be proud that they are no longer in your life," Ruby said.

She was so wise in her own way.

,,Now get up and go see your mother," she demanded.

,,No!"

,,Well, then I'll have to invite Mason here," she threatened.

,,No, it's okay, I'll get up," I said.

I knew she would never do that, but she was right, I needed to get my life back on track.
I got dressed and said goodbye to Ruby.
She told me that she was staying at a friend's house for the week and that if things went wrong with my mom, I would have the place to myself.
I ran to the car and drove off.
I was nervous because I hadn't seen my mom in a long time because she was still mad.
As much as I hate to admit she was right, I needed her support.
Even though she will probably lecture me about what a good mother she was and how wrong I was.
During the long car ride, I think about what I should say to my mother to get her to support me financially again.
She has he, she was right from the start, he broke my heart and tore me to pieces.
I hate that she was right and that now I had to witness her gloating facial expression.
I just hope she won't make too much drama out of it and just support me.
I was so grateful to Ruby for taking me in when you had cast me out.
If it wasn't for her, I'd probably still be at the bus stop watching the couples make out in the park while I slowly but surely rotted away.
Actually, I shouldn't be afraid to talk to my mother, but for some reason I had a bad feeling.