Epilogue: 5 Years Later

"Kei? Are you home?" Touya called as soon as he walked through the door.
"I'm upstairs!" I repljed. I had been waiting for Touya to come home all day, now that he was finally here I wanted to do nothing but hold him close to me.
The past 5 years have been nothing but pure bliss. Japan was so much more of a peaceful place since the Paranormal Liberation Front succeeded in our plan 4 years ago. Order was actually being kept in society and things were actually feeling safe. Touya and I got married a couple years ago and moved out of the base, getting a house of our own. It's actually insane how much better life has gotten, it almost doesn't seem real.
Itona was already almost 6 and got to enjoy the best of both worlds. He got to experience life as a member of the Paranormal Liberation Front and life as the son of the Number 1 hero. Endeavor had retired last year, feeling that he was no longer fit to be the top hero anymore. Therefor, he passed it onto me. I'm not sure how useful that is to me right now however. I was 6 months pregnant with twin girls, it's not like I was able to do much right now besides lay in bed and try to help Touya around the house.
Touya walked into our bedroom, a wide smile across his face, "Hey Birdie, how're you feeling?" He asked while lying down on the bed and placing a hand on my abdomen.
I smiled at his touch, "As good as I can be with two kids constantly beating up my insides." I replied, placing a hand on Touya's cheek. He laughed and leaned forward, locking our lips together while rubbing soft circles on my abdomen.
"Itona should be home soon, do you want to go downstairs?" Touya asked after breaking the kiss, I nodded. Touya helped me get down to the couch and sat down next to me. A while later Itona came running through the door.
"Dad, Papa, I'm home!" Itona called out. Touya called him over and I heard him quickly drop his bookbag and run to sit in between Touya and I. Itona turned to me, smiling before locking eyes on my abdomen, "Makio, Mayuka, I'm home." Itona said before planting a kiss on my stomach, making the twins start moving. He laughed as he saw this, making me smile. It often felt like Itona was more excited for the twins than Touya and I were, he was constantly talking about having a little sibling since he started school. When he found out I was having twins the smile on his face said everything I needed to know.
   "Oh, before I forget, your parents said they were going to stop by later today." I told Touya, feeling Itona place his hands on my abdomen to feel the twins.
   "This is going to be a fun night then. Shigaraki called me on my way back, him and the others wanted to stop by tonight aswell." Touya replied. I broke out laughing, Touya joining in seconds later.
   "What's so funny?" Itona asked, his blue eyes looking over at me. I placed a hand on his head and ruffled his snow white hair.
   "Nothing kid, but hey, you're going to get to see everybody tonight." Itona's eyes started sparkling at the idea. He ran upstairs, getting ready for whenever it is they get here.
                 ---------------------------------------
The Todoroki family got here first, Rei immediately coming up to me to check in and see how the twins were doing. Touya and I didn't tell them that Shigaraki and the others would be coming. When they walked in 30 minutes later silence filled the room. They've all been forced to spend time with eachother on multiple occasions like holiday's and Itona's Birthday parties, but that doesn't mean they got along. Endeavor was the main reason for that though, even as a retired hero he still held a very strong grudge against the villains.
Shigaraki exchanged glares with Endeavor as he went to sit down next to me. He looked at me with a smile, "How're you feeling? They kicking your ass yet?"
"More than you can even imagine. I thought Itona was bad, two are definetly worse." I replied, slowly rubbing my abdomen. Shigaraki and I's conversation at least broke a little bit of the tension. When Itona finally came downstairs he ran right up to Shigaraki, making the Todoroki family jealous.
"Uncle Shigaraki!" Itona screamed, running over to hug Shigaraki.
"Hey kid, what's up?" Shigaraki replied, he was Itona's favorite relative, even if he wasn't blood. He always greeted Shigaraki before everybody else, deeming them less important in everybody's minds, even if Itona didn't see it this way.
After finishing his conversation with Shigaraki he went around and greeted everybody else. Things started moving smoothly after that. I knew they all tried to get along for Itona's sake. Touya's siblings weren't here so it made things just a little harder, they usually kept Endeavor in line. This time it was only Touya doing so.
One of the villains would try talking to Endeavor but he'd yell at them, causing Touya to slowly get more and more pissed off. Though, he only showed that to Endeavor. Even after all this time he couldn't grasp that the front was just as much family as he was.
Touya had ordered pizza after everybody settled down, once that got here things relaxed again as everybody just enjoyed the peace of eating. Small conversations were happening throughout the room but that was as much talking as you would get. That is, until the front started talking to Touya about a mission. Endeavor quickly caught on and stepped in, "Do you seriously have to talk about this stuff now?"
"Do you really have to step into every conversation you hear? This was between me and Crusty, stay out of it asshole." Touya spat at Endeavor, going back to his conversation with Shigaraki. Itona knew what was happening and crawled onto the couch, clinging onto me. He never liked it when Touya would fight with Endeavor. I put my arm around him and looked over at them.
"Touya, I'm your father-"
"Like I care, you aren't even a hero anymore. Why do you care so much?" Touya asked. Endeavor was at a loss for words at that. "Exactly, that's what I thought." After that nothing else really happened, the rest of the night was actually calm and a lot of fun. The Todoroki's left a lot earlier than the others did, leaving room for our basic stupidity.
They ended up staying around for multiple hours before heading back to base, drinking and playing the most idiotic of games. When leaving we said our goodbyes and then they left. Touya walked back over to me and sat on the couch. "I'm sorry, I tried not to blow up at him but it's so damn hard sometimes. I'm trying to keep thing calm for you and the kids but he makes it so fucking difficult." Touya sighed.
I sat up and smiled at him, "I know you are, and I really appreciate it. Unfortunately you can't help these things. Your dad's a stuck up guy, you can't win with him." I took a deep breath and looked up a little bit, moving my hands to cup my abdomen, "But even then he's my family, they all are. I like our family how they are, no matter how messed up they may be."
Touya laughed, "Yeah, I do too Kei." Touya helped me to our room and we layed down, Touya instantly pulling me close to him. I felt memories start to flood my head. Memories of Touya, the league, the front, the Todoroki's, of everything that had happened over the years that led to this. I couldn't help but smile. Things may not always have been easy or perfect, but things are exactly how I want them. I actually have a family, I have a husband, a son, two daughters on the way, and so many other people I've come to consider family. I regret nothing that I've done in my life, if I changed even one thing I may not have the life I have now. I'm beyond grateful to have this life, it was worth every single shitty thing that's happened. Things got so much better, and that's the only thing that mattered, I finally found true happiness.