Work Studies pt. 1

A few weeks had passed, I was currently lying in my bed looking through emails before heading into work. Before I put my phone down I saw an email from UA, it was from Eraserhead. He said he wanted me to consider taking in a student for work studies as one of his kids had hoped to come to my agency. I've never been interested in helping teach the new generation, but it kind of sounded fun. I looked through the email a little more and saw information on the student attached. Fumikage Tokoyami, quirk: Dark Shadow. I read through the kid's profile, he was actually fairly interesting.
I sent back an email telling Eraser that I'd take him on. It would be beneficial to him as he'd learn a few things, but I could also maybe get a little information out of him about what's been going on at UA. The league had attacked there a few times this past year, I was curious if they had any plans about how they wanted to stop the league. I want to protect Touya as much as I can.
----------------------------------
The following week work studies began. I went to the train station I was told Tokoyami would be at to pick him up. Shortly after I got there a train pulled up and I saw the kid walk out. He noticed me and walked over, "Thank you for this opportunity sir, I'm truly honored." He said.
I put my hand behind my neck, "No need to be so formal kid, you can just call me Hawks. I see potential in you, I'm excited to see your progress throughout the week." We started heading back to the agency and he started telling me a few things about himself along with the whole work studies thing. Aparently it happened every 6 months, I told him he could come to my agency everytime if he wanted to continue work studies with me. He was a really polite and put together kid, I liked that about him.
When we got back to my agency I had him put his stuff away and then took him on patrol as well as a couple sidekicks to help him get adjusted. I was known as the fastest hero around so it wasn't much of a surprise to me that he fell behind fairly quickly, ending up with my sidekicks most of the time. I admit, it's probably going to be hard for him to learn anything from me this week.
Once it got dark out we went back to the agency. The kid was clearly tired, I didn't want to wear him out too much. I talked to him a little bit, giving him a few tips and asking where he thought he needed the most improvement in an attempt to figure out how to help him this week. When I was finished with that I led him to where food was being served and went home for the day, knowing Touya was waiting for me.
"Shouldn't you have stayed at the agency with him?" Touya asked as soon as I walked through the door.
"It'll be fine, my sidekicks are more than capable of taking care of him. Besides," I said, throwing myself into his arms, "I missed you." Touya pulled me into a tight hug and kissed the top of my head. He later layed down on the couch, I sat on the floor and started drawing out a game plan on how to best help out Tokoyami. Hours went by and Touya passed out on the couch, I passed out at some point as well.
When I woke up Touya was gone. He left a note saying Shigaraki called him in for a mission. I sighed and got ready for work. When I walked into the agency the sidekicks were talking with Tokoyami. I walked over to them to see if they were ready for patrol. I decided not to go as fast today as I wanted to try to find a way to increase Tokoyami's speed.
While we were on patrol I was constantly asking him to try different ways for him to travel but none of them really worked, it was frustrating. We suddenly heard what sounded like an explosion, I looked behind me to see a roar of smoke and blue flames. "Dammit Touya." I cursed under my breath. This was the last thing I wanted to deal with right now. I really wasn't in very much of a mood to play villains vs heroes with my boyfriend right now.
When I saw my sidekicks rush to action I knew I had to follow. I flew ahead of them and went to where the flames were coming from. When I got there I found the league was loading bags into their van from a bank, their favorite. I quickly flew in, grabbing Touya's attention. He started to speak but I grabbed him by the arms, pulling him into the air. "Taking me on a fly birdie?" he said jokingly.
"You couldn't have told me exactly where this was happening so I could've avoided the area?" My voice was slightly aggitated. Touya could tell, his face dropped a little.
"Sorry Kei, I didn't know the location until Shigaraki brought us here." His face looked genuine, I sighed, he leaned his head back and kissed my cheek, whispering immediately afterwards into my ear, "Sorry about this." He quickly burst blue flames from his hands, burning me. I let go of him out of reflex and watched as he dropped into another league member's arms.
They piled into the van quickly as my sidekicks and Tokoyami finally showed up. I started after the van but was too late. They quickly picked up speed and escaped. My sidekicks ran up to me, seeing the burns on my clothes and face. I assured them I was fine and instantly sent them and Tokoyami to check out the area to see if there were any injured civillians while I dealt with the police.