The Heist

"I'm having you team up with Dabi for this. Here's the plan, Dabi sets flames to the lobby while Toga and I run back to the vault. You come in a little later, acting like you're there to save the civillians when in reality you're just getting them away from us so we can get in and out without trouble. Got it?" Shigaraki asked, looking at me. I nodded, "Once you get everybody away come back and stay on scene until the police get there. Come back to base once everything's handled." With that we headed off, preparing to pull this off.
   As we approached the bank Shigaraki targeted I broke off from the group, flying up to a near by building, far away enough to make it seem like I was on patrol. I was there for a few minutes before I saw the bank burst in flames, that was my cue. I flew over to the bank and rushed inside. I saw Dabi standing over 5 people, all of them tied up. "Stop! I've already called the police, they're on the way!" I yelled running towards them. Dabi cursed under his breath and ran back towards the vault, "Shit!" I yelled, starting to go after him but stopping, turning back to help the people like planned. "I'm getting you guys out of here first."
   I untied them all and quickly rushed them out of the building and to a location away from the fire. After I dropped them off I rushed back to the bank, the van was already gone when I had gotten back. The police had shown up seconds later, "Hawks! What's going on?" One officer asked, running towards me.
   "The league, I got here as soon as I saw the flames. There were civillians inside though, I chose them as top priority and took them to a safe distance. The villains were gone when I got back." I explained, trying to sound defeated.
   "We'll scout the area, take me to the people you saved. I want to ask them a few questions." The officer said, I nodded and led him to where they were still standing. I stayed there while the officer asked the questions, making sure everything went as planned. It did. Once the situation was dealt with and no more clues could be found the cops let me go and I made my way back to the villains' base.
   When I walked in Shigaraki and Dabi were counting money at the bar while Toga and Twice were talking on the couch. All eyes turned to me, "Hey Birdie, nice job. Your acting was top notch, everything went off without a hitch." Dabi said, winking at me. I felt my face warm up.
   "I'm impressed Hawks, this actually went smoother than I thought it would." Shigaraki added, smiling at me, "You're proving to be a bigger asset than I ever thought you could be. Great job tonight."
   "Thanks sir, I'm just glad I didn't disappoint you." I replied, smiling. It actually felt nice to be praised like this, I didn't care if it was by villains.
   "Hawks, look what I found!!" Toga yelled, running up to me with a necklace in her hands, "Isn't it pretty? I found it in a deposit safe!"
   "That's beautiful Toga, it'd look perfect on you." Her eyes lit up. She asked me to put it on her so I did. She then ran around, showing it off to everybody in the base. I walked over and sat next to Dabi at the bar.
   Dabi handed me a stack of cash, "Here's your cut, if you don't want to take it back with you you're more than welcome to leave it in your room here." He said. I smiled and took the cash, thanking him. I ended up talking with the league for a little over an hour before I yet again felt my phone buz. I looked down to see a text from Rumi, asking me where I was.
   "Shit, sorry to cut this so short but I have to go. My friend's getting suspicious." I explained while getting off the bar stool. I put the money in my room real quick and said my goodbyes to the league and went back to my apartment, finding an annoyed Rumi on my couch.
   "Where the hell were you? It's been hours Keigo." She asked, crossing her arms.
   "Sorry, I told you I had a mission. The commission sent me to spy on the league, I ended up needing to stop them from robbing a bank. I failed though, that's why I took so long. I was getting lectured." I sighed, throwing myself onto the couch. I hated lying to her, but I had to. This is something she can't know the truth behind.
   "Oh, sorry Kei. I guess I was being kind of insensitive, I'm sorry you couldn't stop them." She said, putting a hand on my shoulder for comfort.
   "I'll get the next time, I'll make sure of it." I smiled at her.
   "I recorded the last half of the movie if you wanted to watch it." She replied, I nodded. She put on the movie but I couldn't pay attention to it. I was exhausted. I struggled to keep my eyes open for about 15 minutes before succumbing to my exhaustion, passing out on the couch.
                    ---------------------------------
   I woke up to knocking on my door, "Hawks?" I forgot, I had asked Dabi to come over this morning. This was becoming too familiar of a feeling. I rushed over to the door and let him in, "Idiot. How suspicious do you think it would look if somebody saw me knocking on your apartment door?" Dabi lectured.
   "Sorry! I ended up passing out on my couch at some point last night. I'm a heavy sleeper so it took me a few minutes to hear you knocking." I replied, feeling guilty.
   I felt a hand ruffle my hair, "It's fine, I was messing with you. Now where's this shirt I left here?" He asked, smirking at me. I felt my cheeks get hot again, he was really close to me, "You blushing over me Birdie?"
   "I- Uh, no. Why would I do that?" I asked, quickly turning around to get his shirt out of my room. When I came back Dabi was sitting at the counter, I handed him the shirt. "Here."
   "Why thank you," he started, taking the shirt, "but why was my shirt in your room?" He cocked his eyebrow and locked his eyes with mine. I felt my cheeks get even hotter.
   "I- When I found it I moved it into my room so it w-wasn't just lying in the spare room."
   He smiled, "You're cute when you're flustered." Dabi said, placing a hand on my cheek, "I have to get going but I'll see ya around." He winked at me before walking out the door, leaving me standing in the middle of my apartment, speechless.