The Hospital

The weeks following were excruciatingly slow. I felt like I could feel every single second tick by slower and slower. I was a week over 9 months and due any day now, Touya hasn't left my side in over a week. No matter where I go Touya's right there beside me, ready to take me to the hospital when the time comes. I thought I'd end up finding it annoying at some times but I never did, I always found it comforting to have him right there.
When I wasn't eating I was in Touya's room lying down on his bed, that's all I did all day. It was the only thing I felt I could do, everything else just kept my mind on the pain. At least if I was with Touya I was able to think of him and him alone. Touya was currently asleep, but I couldn't fall asleep. I haven't been able to for more than a couple hours. It felt like the second I fell asleep I'd either have a contraction or Itona was kicking me, though that has calmed down a little bit these past couple weeks.
   A few hours went by of me just admiring Touya sleep until he woke up, turning to me with a soft smile. He cupped my cheek and connected our lips. When he pulled away he examined my face. "You could've woken me up if you couldn't sleep, I would've stayed up with you." Touya says, placing a hand on my side.
   I smiled at him and moved his messy hair out of his face. "It's alright, at least one of us needs rest. If it's not me than it has to be you." Touya got up and moved behind me. He wrapped his arms around me and placed his forehead on the back of my head.
   "As true as that may be, I'd rather stay up with you so you're at least not in pain alone." Touya said, gently cupping my abdomen in his hands. I leaned back into him at the touch, feeling my body completely relax. I closed my eyes, hoping I'd be able to get some kind of sleep. I somewhat succeeded.
   I woke up what I was assuming a few hours later to contractions, worse than the ones from earlier. When I sprung awake Touya quickly took action, holding me close and trying to soothe the pain in any way he could. It helped a little bit but it never truly solved the issue, it just put me at ease. After what felt like an eternity the pain finally stopped, but not for too long. Around 30 minutes later another contraction hit. This repeated for quite some time, slowly getting worse and worse.
The rest of the day I was just lying in bed, I could barely get up to do anything. Touya would leave and bring me food every now and then because I physically could not walk a few feet without triggering the contractions. After a while of this Touya ended up falling asleep, his arms draped over me. It was about 3am at this poing and I felt the worst contraction of them all, then next thing I knew I felt liquid start running down my legs. I quickly sprung up, ignoring all of the pain that brought and turned on the light, waking Touya up in the process.
"Keigo? Are you alright?" Touya stared at me with wide eyes, noticing the liquid that was starting to pool under me.
"T-Touya, my water just b-broke." I was able to mutter out. As if he was in a movie Touya jumped out of bed, grabbing the hospital bag then coming back and picking me up. He ran out to the car and strapped me into the passanger seat. He sped to the drivers side, turned on the car, and took off to the hospital. The second we pulled into the parking lot he threw on his jacket and ran to the other side, grabbing me and running into the hospital.
Touya ran inside to the front desk, "My boyfriend's water broke, you have to take him now!" Touya said, fairly loudly. The lady was startled but quickly called in some staff members. They came out and Touya sat me down in the wheelchair they had, following close behind them as they wheeled me off to my room. They told Touya to stay behind but he refused, and I did too. I didn't want to go a singular second without Touya being by my side.
The doctors got everything set up and started checking to see how much longer I had to wait, aparently it was a while. The pain I was in was unimaginable, I never thought it could be this bad. I reached out for Touya's hand. He took it instantly, letting me squeeze on it however much I had to. He was constantly whispering soothing words to me no matter who was around or who was doing what. I hated that I couldn't see his full face right now but I knew that it had to be this way.
I had Touya call his family to let them know I was in the hospital. I heard his mom start yelling and crying even though the phone wasn't even on speaker, it made me laugh hearing how excited she was. After getting off the phone with his parents he called Shigaraki, telling him to get the league in disguise and to get here, which I'm assuming Shigaraki agreed to. I wanted everybody here, I wanted Touya to be here during and everybody else here afterwards.
Hours of nurses coming in and out of my room passed, them constantly checking to see how dialated I was. It felt like nothing was changing and that I'd be in this state of pain forever. I have no idea how much time had passed until they told me I could finally start pushing, but when they did a mixture of excitement, relief, and fear took over my body. I was excited that I'd finally get to meet Touya and I's son, relieved that this would finally be over, and terrified that something would end up going wrong.
As the doctors got into position I followed their every word, pushing aside every negative thought that came to mind. Touya was right there the entire time, encouraging and comforting me through it all. Whenever I was told, I pushed. Over and over this proccess repeated until finally, cries filled the room.