Patience

I woke up the next morning lying on top of Dabi on the couch, his arm wrapped around me. I don't remember much about what happened last night but our clothes were still on so I'm guessing nothing too big happened. The last thing I remembered was making out with Dabi on the couch, I don't remember anything past that. I didn't want to wake Dabi up so I just lied there, moving my head to the side, seeing Toga sitting down set to the couch. "Hey! You're finally awake!" She said, looking over at me.
"What time is it?" I asked quietly.
"Hmmm I think it's around 9:30, I'm not entirely sure though." I nodded, digging my head deeper into Dabi's chest. "I always knew you and Dabi had a thing for eachother, it was obvious."
"How so?" I asked, genuinely curious.
"Welll, whenever you'd leave Dabi would do almost nothing but talk about you. When you're here he's always a lot happier than when he's with just us. I also saw you staring at him a lot, along with blushing almost everytime he got even somewhat close to you. You guys aren't very good at hiding your emotions." Toga laughed. I looked over as I felt Dabi start to move under me.
I felt both of his arms wrap around my waist, holding me close, "Hey Birdie, good to know I wasn't just dreaming." He said, smiling. I wrapped my hands on his shoulders, leaning down and kissing him.
"I'm glad it wasn't a dream too." I replied, putting my head back onto his chest. I jumped when Toga started screeching.
"You guys are sooo cute! I hope one day I have a boyfriend that treats me like that. Or a girlfriend! Oh I can see us being so happy together." Toga said, getting lost in her daydream.
    "You hungry?" Dabi asked, moving one of his hands to my cheek, "I don't mind cooking if you're here." He began moving his thumb along my cheek bone.
   "If you're offering to cook for me I'd never say no." I replyed. Dabi got up and starting heading towards the kitchen, I followed him. He gathered ingredients and took out a pan and a mixing bowl. He put together the batter than started filling the pan.
I turned around and saw Shigaraki walking in, rubbing his eyes. "The hell? You never cook." He said, looking at Dabi.
"Let's call this a special occasion, if you're eating sit. First batch is almost done." Dabi replied, flipping what was in the pan. Shigaraki took a seat next to me and lied his head down on the table, I've learned he wasn't much of a morning person. Dabi walked over, plate in hand, and put in in front of Shigaraki, "Eat up crusty," he then looked at me, "you want any specific kind of pancake?" I shook my head no and he walked back to the stove.
    I looked over at Shigaraki who was slowly starting to function. He started eating his pancakes and looked over at Dabi, "You should really cook more, none of us know how to cook better than you do." Shigaraki said, earning a shrug from Dabi. Shigaraki rolled his eyes and looked at me, "He's been here for 5 years and has cooked maybe 3 times total, he's so stubborn when it comes to cooking."
   I found this strange, Dabi had said he wanted to cook the whole week he was at my apartment and he seemed happy to do so. I wondered what was different about cooking for the league and cooking for me. I didn't have much time to think about it as I was disrupted by Dabi placing a plate in front of me. I thanked him before looking down at the plate, there was a stack of chocolate chip pancakes with a heart drizzled in chocolate syrup on the corner of the plate. I felt myself blush, making Dabi laugh. He ruffled my hair before walking back to the stove.
   The rest of the league ended up flowing into the kitchen moments later. Dabi had cooked for all of them, which they seemed fairly shocked by. Once the cooking was done the league was sitting at the table together eating and telling stories, it really did feel like a family. After breakfast was finished I helped Dabi with the dishes as everybody else filed into the living room. Today was one of the days the league just liked to relax and stay in the base.
    Once the dishes were clean Dabi led me back to his room, lying on the bed and pulling me on top of him. He wrapped his arms around me and dug his face into the crook of my neck, the cold from his staples sending a chill down my spine. "Hey Hawks? What do you see me as?" He asked, his body tensing up.
   I thought for a second, what was Dabi to me? I knew I liked him, but to what extent? It took me a minute to answer him, "I like you, I like you a lot. I kind of want you to be more than a friend, but I'm not sure if that's what you want from me." I finally answered, heat rushing to my face.
I felt Dabi's head move away from my neck and his hand cupping my cheek. "I want you as more too." He leaned in and pressed his lips against mine. I returned the kiss and moved both of my hands to the sides of his head. The kiss got more heated and Dabi ended up flipping me so he was on top of me. He moved his mouth to my neck, slowly moving down further and further. I stopped him as he was about to remove my shirt, he looked up at me, "Sorry, I didn't mean to push past your boundaries." He said, quickly stopping.
"It's ok, there are just a few things you need to know first. I'm not quite ready to tell them yet though." I explained nervously, looking away from him. Dabi layed down next to me and placed his hand on top of my head.
"Don't apologize, I have my fair share of secrets too, take your time. I'm more than happy to move at your pace Hawks. That's what relationships are for." Dabi said, smiling softly.
I wrapped my arms around his back, pulling him close to me, "Keigo. I want you to call me Keigo."