The Secret's Out

It's been about three weeks since Touya left, though I've kind of lost track of time. He calls me everyday to check in and see how I'm doing but it's not the same, I miss him. I've felt so alone since he left, sure Rumi comes over and checks on my every now and then but I want Touya. I've been feeling slight movements coming from the baby, I wanted Touya to be here to experience these milestones with me.
   My phone's alarm went off, though I kind of just layed there until I finally decided to get out of bed and get ready for work. My abdomen's grown quite a bit these past few weeks, it's slowly getting harder to hide it. I've been wearing a lot of Touya's clothes that I've stolen from the league's base, mainly his hoodies since they hide it the best. I've had to cut holes in the back of them so my wings fit, I'm hoping he doesn't mind. I raided the closet and threw on my favorite out of his hoodies and a pair of sweat pants. I've been getting questioned a lot around the agency about my sudden change of appearence but I keep putting it off, saying I just felt tired and grabbed the first thing I saw.
   The commission called an emergency meaning this morning so I left my apartment on time for once, not wanting to be late. When I walked in I saw I was the last to arrive, as usual. Inside the room were Endeavor and the head of the commission. I took my place and the meeting started. "Hawks, what the hell are you wearing? That's not work appropriate." the head said. She was always a very strict woman, I knew she'd have something to say.
   I leaned back in my chair a little bit and instinctively placed a hand on my abdomen, sighing. "Sorry Ma'am, I was in a rush this morning. I just grabbed the first thing I found." She stared at me, questioning my response.
   "Mhmm, the reason I called this meeting is because of you Hawks." I looked up in surprise.
   "Because of me? What do you mean?" I asked, sitting back up slowly.
   "A lot of people have come to us these past few weeks concerned about you, Endeavor being one of them. I've been told you've been putting on weight and you've been showing up to work in hoodies rather than your hero costume, what's going on with you?" She questioned, her voice softening slightly.
   "N-Nothing's wrong, I've just been tired lately." I replied, though I knew that it wouldn't work. It's the only think I could think of though. The head of the commission started heading towards me, Endeavor just sat and watched. When she got over to me she stood in front of me, arms crossed.
   "Stand up." She ordered. I hesitated but obeyed. Once I was up she reached for the hoodie. I took a step back and my hands flew in front of my abdomen protectively. She looked at me surprised, "Hawks, lift your hoodie up." I froze in place, fear taking over my body. She started walking towards me again, I took another step back. "Stop being difficult, I gave you an order." She grabbed my arm, keeping me from moving away. Once she knew I wasn't going to run away she let go of my arm and grabbed my hoodie, lifting it to reveal my enlarged stomach.
   Endeavor stood up in surprise while the head just looked up at me. I felt tears start to fill my eyes. "Hawks, are you-" Endeavor began asking, slowly walking towards me. I couldn't hold back my tears anymore as I slowly nodded my head. The head let go of my hoodie, my arms flew back around my stomach as I fell back against the wall. "How's that possible?" Endeavor kept asking questions, I couldn't answer him for multiple reasons. I was scared, embarassed, and a little guilty, the father of my child was his supposedly dead son and I couldn't even tell him.
   The head looked at me, "Who's the father?" she asked.
   "I- I can't tell you." I said, my voice shaking. She sighed and started walking to the door.
   She turned back, "This stays between us, it'll only cause trouble if people find out about this. Hawks, you're banned from going on patrol, you're only to work inside your agency." With that she left, leaving Endeavor and I alone.
   I was still crying, I couldn't stop. Endeavor walked up to me, reaching a hand out to me. I slapped his hand away and quickly ran out of the room. I ran all the way out of the building before I stopped. As soon as I stepped foot on the streets I got stares from people. I spread my wings and took off, not wanting to be anywhere near people right now.
The second I got to my apartment I went to my room, burrying myself under the covers of my bed. I cradled my abdomen as I started to cry, I couldn't believe that just happened. I took out my phone, calling the only person I fully trusted, "Hello?" Touya's voice rang through the phone, only making me cry more.
"T-Touya." I stuttered.
"Keigo? What's wrong?" Touya asked, concern in his voice.
"I feel so stupid! I-I was called into an emergency meeting this morning, the head of the commission and Endeavor were there. The head tells me people were reporting to her concerned for me and she asks what's going on. I say nothing so she walks over and forces my fucking hoodie up!" My tears of sadness were turned into anger, rage filled my body thinking back on it, "She fucking pulled my hoodie up! Right in front of Endeavor at that, they know I'm pregnant now!"
"Kei-" Touya's voice sounded sad, hearing it made me calm down a little.
"S-Sorry."
"It's alright Kei, you have every right to be upset, she had no right to do that. She invaded your privacy. I just feel bad I can't be there to help you through it." I didn't like hearing Touya sound so sad, it broke my heart.
"It's not your fault Touya, your work for the league's important. You'll be home soon anyway, make it up to me then." Touya and I ended up talking a while longer, it took my mind off of what happened this morning. When he finally had to go I closed my eyes, just wanting today to be done and over with.