Press Conference

A few days had passed and Rei practically called it. She texted us the day after Touya called her saying the police were looking for us at the Todoroki house. We got the ok to move in from Rei this morning, saying she convinced them she had no contact with us. I knew this couldn't go on forever, but for now Touya and I were just focused on going to the Todoroki's to be with our son.
   Once we got there the first thing I did after saying hi to the family was go to Itona, who was sitting in the corner playing with some toys. He smiled as he saw me approach him. I scooped him into my arms, holding him close. "I've missed you so much." I said as I kissed him on the forehead. Touya walked over to us, placing a hand on Itona's head and messing with the small amount of white hair he had.
   I sat on the floor and played with Itona while Touya went off to socialize with his family. Not too long after I started playing with my son my phone started ringing, it had been all week but I usually ignore it, I couldn't this time however, it was the commission. "Hello?" I answered, trying to remain calm.
   "Jesus Hawks, do you have any idea how much trouble you've caused? First you let that villain almost burn paparazzi at the hospital and now you're destroying federal property to break him out of prison? Seriously? Everybody's starting to think you're a traitor! I thought you didn't have contact with the villains anymore? You're telling me you lied and have been in a relationship with Dabi this whole time? And, on top of that, that your kid is his? Are you kidding me?"
   I sighed, "Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. I don't see how my personal life is any of anybody's business." I replied.
   "It became everyone's business the second you started putting lives in danger for him. He's a villain Hawks. Seriously, have you not thought that through?"
   "I know what he is, I know who he is too. I like Dabi as a person and I have no intention of leaving him anytime soon. I have no regrets about anything I've done." I said, turning my head to look over at Itona.
   "That's not what I wanted to hear Hawks. Look, you have a press conference today at 3pm at your agency to discuss your recent actions. If you care even the slightest about your career as a hero you better be there." With that she hung up. I let out a sigh and fell to the floor, which for whatever reason made Itona laugh. I could already tell today was going to be a long day.
Around 2:30 I left the Todoroki house, slugishly making my way to my agency. I really didn't think that I'd have to deal with this so soon. There were already multiple people waiting outside, glaring at me as I walked inside the agency. I just threw my shades over my face and went to my office, finding the head of the commission waiting for me, "I figured you'd be here waiting for me." I said, walking past her to take my seat at my desk.
"You better be prepared for this Hawks, your whole career is riding on how this goes today. Son't mess this up. You're to be outside in 10." She got up and walked out the door. I kicked my feet up on top of my desk and sat there, thinking over how to make sure everything goes smoothly. After about 8 minutes of contemplation I got up, heading outside and finding a microphone set up with the press standing on the other side.
   The second I walked outside cameras were flashing and people were screaming. The commission head yelled at them through the microphone, making them quiet down. I got up to the mic and one by one started answering every question that was thrown my way. "Is it true that you're in a relationship with Dabi from the league of villains?" one of the asked.
   "Yes that is true. I've been seeing Dabi for quite a while at this point." I replied.
   Another, "Is it true that Dabi is the father of your child?"
   "That is also true, yes." I wanted to keep things vague and honest, not wanting to blow things out of proportion and make things worse. Especially since I knew this was getting recorded. However, the next question that was asked pushed me over the edge.
   "Hawks, why would you betray the people like this? Dabi is a disgusting villain! He's nothing but evil! Are you a traitor? Are you giving up on the people to run away with some scum from the streets?"
   I snapped, "Don't say that about him! I'm not a traitor, I never have been and never will be. I simply fell in love, is that such a bad thing? Sure, he's a villain, he's killed many people and have injured countless more along with so many other things but that's not all that's to him! Dabi's one of the most kind hearted and caring people I've ever met in my entire life. No matter what his career is that doesn't dictate who he is as a person! The Dabi you know is completely different than the Dabi that I know.
   You say that villains are evil but isn't everybody in some way? Who's to say heroes are in the right? I'll admit that I've spent a lot of time hanging around the league, and in that time I've met so many different people but they all have had one thing in common, they were turned away because they were different. Because they were judged and deemed evil from young ages. They've been failed by our society. How can we call ourselves a hero society when people are out there suffering on our watch?
   I'll never be a villain, I can't turn my back on helping people, but if I lose my hero career over this than that's fine too. I don't want to be associated with those who are fine tossing those who need the most help aside. I'm not turning my back on the family I've made in the league, but I also refuse to turn my back on the people that I've dedicated my life to saving. I can't bare the thought of raising my child in the state the world is now. I want to change things for the better. Everybody's on exact same grounds in my book. I want to save everybody, regardless if they're a villain or not. Everybody deserves a chance at a happy ending." With that I walked away, tears streaming down my face.
   I didn't bother to look back, no matter how many times I heard my name being called. I went right to the Todoroki's house, falling to the ground the second I stepped inside. Touya flew to my side, wrapping his arms around me. "You did good Kei." Touya said. I pulled him close, letting out every emotion I had running through my body.