A Chance

The next morning I had to rush off to a hero meeting I was told to attend. Touya was still asleep so I carefully moved him into my room and layed him on my bed, making sure not to wake him up. I changed into my hero costume, wrote Touya a note, then left for the meeting. I was a few minutes late but everybody was kind of used to that already, as it's well known that I'm almost always late to meetings.
   The head of the commission stood in front of a bunch of pro heroes. I could name a few of them but others were too low in ranks for me to remember them. All I got from the meeting was that they devised a new plan to catch the league and wanted to
put it into action right away. I already knew I'd end up telling Touya about it when I got home but I pretended to be invested. I do realize that I'm a traitor to heroes, but I don't really mind it. I kind of enjoy being in the middle of everything.
   The meeting was finished after about an hour and I had to go to my agency for a few hours for paperwork and to run a few things by my sidekicks. As I was making my way to my agency I got a text from Touya, saying that he was going to stay at my apartment all day as Shigaraki said he didn't want to do anything today. That kind of gave me something to look forward too, I enjoyed it when after work I got to go home to Touya. It made my apartment actually feel like a home when he was there.
When I got inside my office I quickly got to working through the stack of papers that were on my desk, wanting to go home as quickly as possible. It took me a couple hours but I finished. I ran them
to one of my sidekicks, checked in with everybody to make sure there weren't any reports or any crimes I had to check out, and went home. I didn't like being at the agency longer than I had to be so the sidekicks were kind of use to me rushing out of the agency.
I walked into my apartment and saw Touya in the kitchen cooking something. He looked over at me and smiled, "Hey Birdie, sit down. Lunch's almost ready." he said. I sat down on the counter, looking over at him.
"The commission came up with a new plan to catch you guys. They plan to put it into action next week, just thought you should know." I told him, earning his full attention.
"How likely is it to actually work?"
"I don't think it's going to work out. Their plan is to put cameras around the city and to use those cameras to try to track you and figure out where your base is. They also plan on sending heroes and police on stakeouts around the city. It doesn't do very good if you guys just stay at the base, they'll probably get tired and give up at least after a week. The commission's impatient." I say, trying to help Touya out.
"I'll call Shiggy later, let him know to be careful when somebody goes out." He said, returning his attention to whatever it was he was cooking. Minutes later he had two plates of food. He sat one down in front of me and put another in front of the spot next to me. He took the spot next to me, planting a kiss on my cheek as he sat down. We started eating as I started talking about this show I saw on tv that I wanted Touya to watch with me. He agreed that one day we would sit down and watch it together.
   Half way through eating I felt my phone buzz, I got a text from Rumi. I quickly opened my messages so I could respond. "Hey, I'm sorry this took so long, is Dabi with you?"
"Yeah, he is." I replied, not knowing what else to say.
"Can I come over? I'd like to talk to you guys about everything."
"Of course." I closed my phone and turned to Touya, "Rumi's coming over, she said she wanted to talk." I said.
"That's great Kei, I can leave if you want privacy." He suggested, starting to get up. I grabbed his arm and pulled him back down.
"She wants to talk to you too idiot." Touya looked at me with wide eyes for a moment before nodding. We quickly finished our food and put our plates in the sink, going over to the couch to wait for Rumi. We looked up in unison when there was a knock on the door. I squeezed Touya's hand for courage then got up to let Rumi in. She walked in without a word, instantly sitting down. I took my place next to Touya and we both looked at her, waiting for her to talk.
   It took a few minutes, but she finally started talking, "Look Dabi, I'm not going to sit here and lie to you, I don't like this. Not one bit. From the kidnapping to you guys killing my mom in one of your missions a few years ago I have bad blood for you guys, even if it wasn't you specifically. But, Keigo's also my best friend and I want to support him. I'm willing to give you a chance. It's become obvious you aren't going anywhere soon so I might as well. I know this'll make Keigo happy, so I'm willing to be peaceful if you are."
Touya nodded, "Keigo wants us to get along, I'm open to it." Rumi held her hand out to Touya, he took it. After that Rumi started asking Touya a few questions, trying to know his interests. Within minutes they found a similar interest and were talking like they've been friends for years. I leaned back into the couch, smiling. This is exactly how I wanted it be. I wanted my best friend and my boyfriend to get along, even if it's just for right now.
   Touya and Rumi's eyes were practically glowing as they talked. I had no idea what they were talking about, but I listened to every word. I think this can work, I really do. Rumi may never get along with the rest of the league, and I'm fine with that. I just want her and Touya to get along.