They Know

It took a few days but I was finally discharged from the hospital. Touya and I decided it would be best to continue staying at base for the first few weeks just because we'd have extra help and support from the league while we figure everything out. Touya was pushing Itona and I out of the hospital when paparazzi started running towards us, cameras flashing. I heard Touya start yelling at them but wasn't paying attention to what they were saying. I was focusing on protecting Itona, shielding him from the cameras.
After multiple minutes of aruging I saw blue flames fly around Itona and I, making the paparazzi back up. "Stay the fuck BACK!" Touya screamed, louder than I've ever heard him yell before. Touya quickly moved away from them and helped get Itona and I inside the car before driving off. It took me a second to realize what he just did, I looked at him with wide eyes when it hit me.
"Touya-"
"I know Kei, I know." Touya looked nervous. I think we both had the exact same thoughts running through our minds, it was easy to identify him as Dabi now. Touya's blue flames are signature, if you see blue flames people automatically think of Dabi. We might just be fucked. "I'm sorry," Touya began, letting out a sigh, "They were pissing me off. I didn't really appreciate that they were shoving cameras in your faces, I lost control of my temper and probably fucked us over in the process."
"It's alright, there's no garuntee they'll know it's you. We can hope, yeah?" Touya nodded, the rest of the car ride back to the base was silent. When we got inside the league was waiting by the door, ushering us inside. They had set up a welcome home party for Itona and I. I thanked them as Toga started to drag me off, Touya heading over to Shigaraki. Touya was whispering something into Shigaraki's ear, causing a slightly paniced expression to appear on his face. When Touya finished talking he quickly nodded and walked away from Touya and headed into one of the back rooms of the base.
   The party went on until Itona fell asleep, probably exhausted from all the attention. I picked him up and walked to the nursery, gently placing him inside of his crib. I made sure he was still asleep before heading back out, finding the league crowded around the tv. "What's going on-" I froze when I saw what they were watching. A picture of Touya releasing his flames at the hospital was plastered across the screen with a headline: Number 2 Hero Hawks Caught with Villain Dabi at Hospital. The reporter was announcing that people had started to suspect that I was in a relationship with Dabi. I started to panic.
   Touya noticed and walked over to me, wrapping his arms tightly around me. He started rubbing my back, "It'll be alright. They don't fully know anything. Just let this all blow over." Touya said in a low voice, trying to remain calm himself. I relaxed my head on his shoulder, trusting that everything he had said was right.
-----------------------------------
   A couple months have gone by since Itona's birth, I was back to work and things weren't all that great. I was always getting stares and glances, and not in the usual way. People were looking at me in disgust and shame. Word of Touya and I dating hasn't gone down in the slightest, it's only gotten bigger. It felt like everybody was talking about it all the time. So many reporters have been trying to get a response out of me but I can't bring myself to do that. I don't want to lie about it but I can't just say it's true, even if it's all but confirmed.
   The only good things I have going for me are Itona and the league, through everything they've always stood by and supported Touya and I through it. They've even been going on bigger and bigger missions, hoping that would draw attentions away from Touya and I's relationship. It sadly didn't last long though, it would be the headline one day and the next day all eyes would be back on us. The only news that was somewhat keeping eyes off of us was a string of murders that kept piling up. I knew it was the league, I saw their plan board. I didn't really know how to feel about it. On one hand I felt guilty that so many people were dying, but on the other it's bringing me a chance to breath. With each murder more and more heat was taken off of us.
I went back to base after work, finding nobody there besides Twice who was watching Itona. The league is rotating who takes care of Itona and who goes on the missions, today it was Twice who had to stay behind. I greeted Twice before taking Itona from him. Itona laughed as soon as I picked him up, taking a seat next to Twice. "So what're they doing today?" I asked him, curious.
"I know you know so I'll tell you. I'm not telling you anything! They're adding onto the murders today. Some corrupted politician Shigaraki has had his eyes on for a while." Twice said, leaning back into the couch. I moved down to the floor and started playing with Itona, anxiously waiting for the league to come back. Twice and I were talking throughout the time they were gone but nothing seemed to make the time go by any faster. Time always felt slow when Touya was out on missions.
A few hours later and the league was finally back, though Touya wasn't with them. I quickly got up and headed towards them, handing Itona off to Twice. When Shigaraki saw me coming towards them guilt was spread all across his face, something happened. The rest of the league didn't move, just stayed stiffly behind Shigaraki. I looked them over once more before looking Shigaraki in the eyes. "Where's Touya? What happened?" I asked, anxiety filling my body.
Shigaraki looked away before talking, "The mission succeeded, we managed to kill him. But Touya-" he looked back at me, "They arrested him. He threw himself at the police to give the rest of us a chance to escape, we were out numbered. I-I'm sorry."