He's in my Head

The week was up before I knew it and Dabi's observations had been completed. "I'm confident enough that you're loyal to us. Don't disappoint me Hawks, I want this to work out." He said while leaving. It honestly hurt to see him go, I wasn't expecting that. I felt that Dabi and I had really bonded and became friends this past week, I didn't really want him to leave. I knew he was only here to observe me but I didn't mind that, I liked having him here.
I got broken out of my train of thought by my phone buzzing, I looked down and saw an incoming call from Rumi. I picked up the call and put it on speaker. "Hey Rumi, what's up?"
"Keigo! You have to let me come over tonight, I saw there was this movie premire on tv and we just have to watch it together!" She basically yelled.
"Ok, but why do we have to do it at my place? Why can't we go to your apartment?" I asked, not wanting anybody over right now. I was still kind of upset about Dabi leaving. If somebody came over now it would feel like replacing his presence.
"Your aparetment's a lot better than mine and there's more space. If you agree to have it at your place I'll bring KFC with me." Bribery, she's good.
I sighed, "Fine, what time are you coming by?"
"5pm, sometime around there." She replied, hanging up before I could say anything else. I didn't have to go into the agency since there was a big meeting tomorrow morning to discuss how I was going to move forward with the league, which I'd rather skip, so I had all day to prepare.
I went into the spare bedroom first to clean up whatever kind of mess Dabi may have left. To my surprise there was none. Dabi had actually made the bed and cleaned up after himself, leaving no trace he was ever there. I guess that's kind of to be expected though. Only one thing was left behind, he had accidently left a tshirt on the floor under the bed. I reached down and grabbed the shirt, it was an old My Chemical Romance shirt, it made me smile. I'm not too sure I was smiling over it though. I decided to bring the shirt to my room, throwing it onto my bed before texting Dabi.
"You left your MCR shirt here."
"Ah, sorry Birdie. I'll stop by and pick it up tomorrow, does that work?" He replied in seconds.
"Yeah, stop by around 8am? That way you can be here before I have to go to work."
"Sounds good, see ya then. <3"
"He sent a heart? Why'd he send a heart? Is he trying to say something? No, I'm overthinking it." I said to myself as I set my phone down and looked at the shirt. I grabbed it before lying down on my bed.
I pulled the shirt close to me and took a deep breath. The shirt smelled like him, that's not very surprising though. "I miss him." I sighed, not realizing I actually said it until a few seconds later. Why did I miss him so much? He's a villain. Though, I guess I'm not much better. I closed my eyes, never letting go of Dabi's shirt.
------------------------------
I woke up to the sound of knocking on my door and somebody yelling my name. Shit, Rumi's here. I hopped off my bed and ran to the door, opening it to see Rumi with her hands full with KFC bags. "Finally Kei, I've been knocking for like ten minutes." She said while pushing past me to set the bags on the table.
"Sorry Rumi, I ended up passing out in my room." I replied, a little embarassed.
"I kind of figured, now hurry up and sit down, it's about to start." She said while grabbing the remote. I sat down next to her and started taking the food out of the bags. I grabbed one of the chicken buckets and put it in my lap, taking a piece out and biting it. The memory of Dabi's first night here came flooding to my mind, along with the fried chicken he had made. Suddenly KFC didn't taste as good as it usually did.
The movie had started so I attempted to pay attention, trying to get Dabi out of my head. It didn't really work out to well for me. I don't understand why he kept coming to mind, I've only known him for a week. Sure, this week had been some of the best days of my life, but that doesn't mean he should constantly be in my head. I once again got snapped out of my thoughts by my phone buzzing. I took it out of my pocket and saw a call coming in from Dabi.
I stood up and started to leave the room, "Sorry Rumi, I have to take this." I said, going into my room and closing the door. I answered the call and moved the phone to my ear, "Hello?"
"Hey Birdie, you busy? Shigaraki wants you to come tag along on a mission tonight."
"I have a friend over right now, is it urgent? Like, do I need to be there?" I asked, trying to figure out a way around this.
"I think so, Shiggy seemed pretty demanding when he said to get you to join the mission. I think he'd be pretty upset if you skipped." He explained, a little concern in his voice.
"I'll be there, where am I meeting you guys?" I asked, sighing.
"Be at the hideout in 15, ya don't wanna keep him waiting." He said before hanging up. I put my phone in my pocket before going out to tell Rumi I had to leave.
When I got back to the living room she looked back at me, "Who was it?"
"Sorry, something urgent came up. Some top secret mission or whatever. You can finish the movie if you want but I have to go, I'm sorry." I said, while heading to the front door. I heard Rumi let out a sad sigh as I closed the door. I flew over to the base as quickly as I can, not wanting them to wait any longer. When I opened the doors to the base I saw the league standing there, waiting.
"Finally, took ya long enough." Shigaraki began, "Now then, we have a heist to pull off. And you're the key to our success Hawks."