First Appointment

I woke up to Touya talking to someone on the phone. I heard him say my full name and slowly turned over, looking at him in confusion. He hung up the phone shortly after I opened my eyes. "Who was that?" I asked, half asleep.
"I called one of those baby doctor places that my mom told us to make an appointment for. They managed to squeeze you in today at one." Touya replied. I groaned and rolled back over, I looked at my phone, 9am. I closed my eyes and tried to go back to sleep but Touya wouldn't let me. He grabbed my arms and forced me onto my back, "You're not going back to sleep, you have plenty of time for that later. Get up, I'll make you food." At the mention of food I sat up straight, making my way out of bed.
Touya walked into the kitchen and started gathering everything he needed to make breakfast. I sat down at the counter, resting my head on it. I jumped up quickly as I felt a sharp pain coming from my ribs, Touya noticed and looked over at me, "You ok? What happened?"
   "Your kid just kicked me right in the ribs." I replied, wincing. Touya laughed before turning back to his cooking. "It's not funny! That shit hurt."
   "It's a little funny." Touya said. I placed a hand on my abdomen and placed my head back on the counter. When Touya placed a plate in front of me I sat up long enough to eat then placed my head back on the counter. Touya sighed, slowly trying to get me to stand up to at least move me to the couch, I refused. This went on for quite a few minutes before he gave up, letting me be until it was time to leave for the appointment.
---------------------------------------
   When it was time to leave Touya walked over to me in a jacket that zipped half way up his face and a hood that practically covered his eyes. I didn't even know it was him until I saw the purple scars under his eyes. The clinic Touya found was only a five minute walk from my apartment so we started walking over about 15 minutes before the appointment time. I clung to Touya's arm the whole time we were walking down the street, I was beyond nervous. I knew people were looking at us and I heard a few people whispering amongst themselves trying to figure out who I was with and why I've gained weight. I tried ignoring them and putting my focus on Touya.
   The walk to the clinic felt like an eternity but we finally got there, Touya checked me in and we sat down in the waiting area, earning a few confused looks from some people that were also in the waiting area. I leaned my head on Touya's shoulder, anxiously waiting for my name to be called. About ten minutes later I heard it, "Keigo Takami?" the doctor called into the waiting area. Touya and I got up and started walking towards her. When she saw me the doctor's eyes widened in shock, but quickly look down at my abdomen and smiled. I felt my cheeks turn hot as embarrassment filled my body.
   The doctor led us down a hallway, leading us to a room in the far back of the clinic. She guided me to a chair, a lot like the ones at the dentist, in the middle of the room while telling Touya to sit in a different chair the was next to me. "So, how far along are you?" She asked me, taking out a clipboard.
   I looked down at my fingers that I was fiddling with, "I-I don't know, I haven't had one of these yet." I replied shyly.
   She nodded and looked over to Touya, "You're the father I'm assuming?" Touya nodded at her, I figured out quickly that he wasn't going to be talking until we left. The doctor asked me a few more questions, occasionally taking questioning glances over at Touya. "Can you lift your shirt for me?" She finally asked after what felt like hours. I did as she said and she took out a bottle, squeezing a gel onto her gloved hand, "This is going to be a little cold." She said before rubbing the gel onto my stomach. I instinctively moved my hand over and grabbed one of Touya's. He squeezed my hand as a form of comfort, putting me at ease a little.
   After writing a few things down the doctor turned on a machine that was sitting nex to me. She guided a part of it onto me, slowly starting to move it around. She stopped when a small blob appeared on screen, "There you are," she said before turning to Touya and I, "There's your baby, everything looks good. They look healthy and they seem to be developing well. By the looks of everything I'd say you're a little over 5 months. Lucky for you, if you want I can tell you the gender." I looked over to Touya, even though I couldn't see his mouth I could tell he was smiling. I looked back at the doctor, telling her we wanted to know the gender.
She smiled at me, "Congrats, you're having a baby boy." I felt Touya's hand squeeze mine as a smile creep onto my face. The doctor went over a few more things I should know going into my third trimester before turning off the machine and cleaning off my stomach. She left for a few minutes before coming back into the room, "Your next appointment will be in exactly a month, feel free to leave when you're ready." She handed me something before walking out of the room, leaving Touya and I alone. We stood up to leave. As I was heading towards the door I felt Touya wrap his arms around me, putting his head on my shoulder.
"I so called it." He whispered into my ear, making me laugh. We left the clinic and I opened what the doctor had given me, pictures from the ultrasound. I handed them to Touya, he took them and I looked over to see a small trail of blood running down his face. I quickly took my hand and wiped it off. He looked over to me and swung an arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him as I wrapped my arms around his side.
We got back to the apartment and Touya quickly took off his jacket, throwing it to the ground as he pulled me into a kiss, putting his hands on my hips. I threw my arms around his neck, sinking deeper into the kiss. Minutes later we were on the couch, I was resting my head on Touya's lap as he was messing with my hair, "We should tell the rest of the league, I feel bad leaving them in the dark for so long about this." Touya said.
I looked over at him, "Tomorrow?" I asked, earning a nod from Touya. I awkwardly flipped to my other side, wrapping my arms around Touya's waist. Omce comfortable I closed my eyes, losing myself in thought.