Epilogue

"I wish love was perfect as love itself."

After two years,

After two years,

I was finally awaiting to attend Athena's graduation ceremony. I was the chief guest at the function as I have to hand over the certificates to the students because I donated to the welfare of this college for years. Athena doesn't know about this and I wanted it to be a surprise for her. In these past two years, our love has come over a lot of obstacles as we were busy with our schedules and things and we still managed to get hold of each other throughout the day. She was there for me and I was there for her. I would sneak to her college dorms and stay the rest of the night with her and talk with her, share with her, and tell her how much I missed her daily not having her in the office beside me. I know that she has dreams to pursue and I oblige but her without near me drives me insane and I couldn't let her go. 

I literally threw a tantrum for her leaving to stay in the dorms since the college is an hour's drive from home. Since in her higher studies she needs to stay in the dorms because of night shifts, so I was left with no chance but to let her stay in the dorms. For the first week, it was so difficult for me and I know she too felt terrible leaving us. Hunter was whining and asking for her running around the house searching for her, so I would just video call her and after seeing her for the day Hunter would keep silent and be normal, otherwise, he wouldn't even touch his food.  After that, we both coped up in the absence of Athena. Athena too spent her small leisure time with us making us happy. Hunter has grown up to be a big boy as he protects us from all the costs. He would be always protective over us and he was like the big boy in the house. He would even take care of us. In the absence of Athena, Hunter and I took care of each other and Hunter would help me with everything. If I and Athena would fight and wouldn't talk, Hunter was the one who would resolve it either in any way we would patch up, but Hunter likes to take care of us more than himself.

Everyone in the home is missing her so much. Sometimes if she has a weekend holiday I would pick her up directly from her dorm leaving my work in the middle. Most of the girls in her college are jealous of her because of me. Whenever I came to pick her up, she would just kiss the hell out of me to remember that I was hers. She didn't like PDA, but she does to mark her territory. She even made friends with a guy and a girl and you all know how possessive I'm, but when she said he is gay, I left him for the courtesy of Athena. 

I need her beside me and that's all I want. So I patiently waited for her to finish her course. We didn't get married, yet, because I wanted her to finish college first and then enter into our life. Her dream is my first priority. She asked me whether I was okay with this. I told her that her priority is mine and we still have our lives ahead of us. Sometimes during her days in college, she would just send her picture quoting 'I miss you.'. She doesn't know I was dying inside missing her. I got used to her in my arms each morning and the past two years were difficult for me. Even small video calls or text messages, whenever she does, make me the happiest person. I didn't know that long-distance relationships are difficult, but in a way, they bought us closer. More than saying 'I love you', 'I miss you' holds so many emotions in it. The distance increased our love for each other in a different way and we loved it. The missing increased more love in us.