Chapter 3

"I don't want to lose you in my life. You are the stars in my sky and the sun in my world. You are the reason I survive."

Today was the most frustrating day ever

Today was the most frustrating day ever... Owing most of the companies, hotels, and investments all over the world is the most frustrating and tiring of all the other jobs. The title of CEO, while often associated with prestige and influence, came with its own set of burdens. The weight of overseeing a global empire, navigating intricate business landscapes, and steering investments to success had become a constant companion. The ceaseless demands, the perpetual decision-making, and the pressure to ensure the prosperity of my ventures were enough to make even the most seasoned executive weary.

Perks of being a CEO. 

Even though I am a CEO with a handful of work, I can't forget her voice and I want to hear that voice again and again. I want to hear her speak and sing for me. No matter how entrenched I was in the intricacies of my role, the echo of her voice lingered as an indelible melody that whispered through the cacophony of my daily life.  It was a voice that carried the magic of familiarity, the warmth of shared moments, and the promise of connection. Her words, spoken or sung, possessed the ability to carve through the layers of stress. The allure of her voice was more than a mere distraction. 

As the day unfolded with its relentless demands, I couldn't shake off the desire to hear her voice again. It was more than a whimsical wish; it became a necessity, a lifeline that connected me to a realm beyond the intricacies of corporate intricacies. The perks of being a CEO paled in comparison to the simple joy derived from hearing her speak and sing.

In the quiet moments of reflection, I acknowledged the duality of my existence – the bustling world of corporate leadership and the yearning for the human touch. The pursuit of success in the business realm, while a commendable endeavor, could not replace the profound need for connection and the resonance of a voice that carried the essence of shared emotions.

And in that moment, I acknowledged that, despite the frustrations and weariness, the desire to hear her voice again and again dominated my mind.

I must have gone insane. 

Seriously!

Liam, you need to clear your mind.

But she kept popping into my mind. I even went to the park where I saw her for the first time hoping that she would come and sing and soothe my mind with her fucking beautiful voice of hers. I didn't even get to see her face. 

Such an unlucky person aren't I?

God damn! Man, just stop thinking about her and focus on your job! My subconscious reminded me.

After all the work was done, I went to my only best friend's shopping complex so that we could discuss business matters with him. I was beyond tired to go there but, I had to go. I let myself immersed in the thoughts as I reached there. I saw an event going on which was eventually conducted to attract audiences around the city. I'm sure it was pretty a hit because people were happily participating in the random stuff. I know my best friend none less than me. He has been my best friend since childhood and he is the only person who handles all my mood swings and knows me very well.