Chapter 27

You may hold my hand for a while, but you hold my heart forever!

"Athena.." Her voice croaked at the end. I looked at her tired lifeless eyes, as tears already welled up in my eyes. I have to stay strong for her. I have to save her. I have to get both of us out of here. 

"Mmm.." I replied shakily, not believing my voice which is going to burst out crying endlessly. I looked everywhere not at her because if I see her I cannot control myself when I looked at her bruised body.

"Baby girl.." She called me softly. How can she remain so calm after she went through all of those disgusting things? I know she is staying strong for me. To give me hope. But, I'm alive because of her, only her. 

"Bella, You know that I love you right!" I asked her silently. I love her more than anything else in the world. She is my best friend, my sister, my everything. I felt disgusted about myself for not being able to save her. I tried my best not to cry in front of her. The only thing she hates the most is whenever I cry over something. 

"I love you more than you do! How about infinity!" She exclaimed with a smile on her face with her eyes sparkling in love. Her lifeless eyes which she showed moments ago sparkled with the love with which she always looks at me. 

"No! I love you more than you do! Mmm... How about infinity square!" I gave her a weak smile. I tried to smile for her, but I failed. I can't smile with that happiness reaching my eyes while she was in pain. 

She let out a breathy laugh. Her bruises on her cheeks started to cause pain, she hissed holding her cheeks. I panicked and scooted near her and I held her cheeks in my cold hands and caressed her bruised areas lightly with my fingers. 

Her cheeks were bruised as the blood dried long ago. Her arms were torn up with a knife as blood stopped dripping. Her legs gave out of continuous bruising and beating. Her stomach area was covered with bites and handprints. Her chest turned purple due to the harsh biting as teeth marks were still imprinted. I close my eyes sinking into what she has gone through these ten days. While I'm here sitting without any cuts or bruises. I have none, but she had everything. 

She gave out everything to save me.

Only for me to live!

"Baby girl, You should try to find a way to get out of here."  She knows my reply even though she asked the same question.

"No way in the hell I'm leaving you here! Whether we both get out of here or I stay with you. No more discussion. End of the discussion."  I said angrily. How could she even think or care for me while she was the one in pain? 

Why god it has to be her? 

Why not me?

"You clearly know that I'll not make it out!"  She said slowly as she let her words slowly sink into my mind. No, she can!