Chapter 8

"Once in a while, right in the middle of the ordinary life, LOVE gives us a fairy tale."

"Athena just kill me, I can't bear the pain anymore please!" She pleaded with teary eyes

"Athena just kill me, I can't bear the pain anymore please!" She pleaded with teary eyes. Her face is bruised with some cuts with blood flowing away. While I stood there doing nothing. Crying and begging those cruel people was my only way to stop, but they didn't even acknowledge me. She was lying there like a living corpse body full of bruises and cuts along with blood oozing out of them. 

I begged them. 

"Please leave us we'll never ever do anything like this. Leave her, she had enough!" 

I was begging, crying, and pleading. But everything went in vain. 

A harsh slap was planted across my cheek and I was pushed to the wall forced by him. My back hit the wall he choked me with his hand and I wasn't able to breathe. Maybe this way I can die and escape from this hell.

She had enough and  I stood there doing nothing to protect her. It was my fault.

They left me and went near her and...

I woke up panting for air. My hand started shaking and I was having a panic attack. I slowly took a long breath and calmed myself. 

I cried and cried and cried my heart out to take those painful memories that I caused her. I'm not even allowed to live when I can't able to save her. Everything was my fault. I let her die. I let her suffer those pains while I stood only watching them forced. I can't take this anymore.

What will you do Athena? They are the most powerful people and they will crush you at their fingertips. My inner sense mocked.

I got up and tried to divert my mind from those memories. I did my morning routine and headed to hell. I don't know what this day has for me ahead. I took deep breaths to calm my nerves and stepped into the office. Ah! there stood the devil in the suit.

"Good morning, Mr.Greene!" I greeted him with gritted teeth. 

"We have a meeting with Mr.Knight in an hour prepare the papers and dare not make any mistakes like last time you did!"

"Okay, Mr.Greene," I replied with a curt nod. When I turned to leave the room, he painfully held my wrist and hissed,

"If you do any of your cheap bitch tricks you will be awarded the most hell out of the days you have experienced and even more painful than she has gone through. Do you understand?" I gulped and nodded at him. He pushed me out of the office.

Within 30 minutes I prepared the documents needed for the company xeroxed them and filed them perfectly. I arranged the meeting and waited for the Knights to arrive. 

There comes the most ever handsome...

Shut up, Athena!

Oliver was the first to greet him with his fakest smile. But Liam's gaze was only on me. I don't know why he stared at me that much. He didn't even bother about Oliver. Oliver cleared his throat and led him to the meeting room. How rude! He didn't even let me greet them. They talked about business for about an hour, and as usual, I was getting bored and I paid no attention to them. But the next statement Liam gave shocked almost everyone including me...