Chapter 21

You can lie to someone else, and say you're not in love!

You can even lie to yourself when they're all that you think of.

You can pretend your heart's not breaking, whenever they are not around and prepare their favorite song doesn't make a sound.

When real love takes hold and refuses to let go, know that you can't hide love.

It's always going to show.

Liam is making me fall for him hard each and every day

Liam is making me fall for him hard each and every day. I can't stop thinking about him. It's like he owns my mind totally with himself. Whatever thoughts came to my mind led to him only him. I know that I was far away from liking him, but I have fallen for him. His care is enough for me to live in this world. He trusts me and believes me even though am not opening up to him. Is it possible for someone to fall for a person this soon? The only doubt I have in my mind is... Does he feels the same, or am I the only one who is feeling this way? But in some way, it made me think that he too feels the same way. I'm not an expert in these eye-reading techniques, to read over the emotions shown in those eyes. 

He keeps me happy, without knowing what he does.

He keeps me safe and secure, just by holding me in his arms.

He keeps me smiling, just by his smiling face.

I never felt these things in my 22 years of this life. How can he make me feel like this going over giddy and mushy? Only he... He can only do this to me. 

He has a perfect family, but he did share those with me. I thought I never had a family, but thanks to him I have a whole package. Lucas was too friends with Liam. It was a piece of newfound information for me. That's why when Lucas mocked him Liam stayed silent. That's why they signed the deal even though they are competitive companies in the world. 

"Oh my god! Athena, you are so fucked up! How can you forget to tell Emily, that Lucas is injured." 

You're dead. My subconscious mocked me. I dialed Emily's number on my phone. 

"Hello, my sugar boo." Emily chirped happily. I ignored her weird nickname for me.

"Umm, Emily..." I trailed off...

"Athena, are you okay?" Emily's concerned voice rang in my ears.

"I'm fine, but Lucas..." I stopped in midway hoping she would ask about him. 

"What... What happened to him?" 

"He was stabbed this afternoon Emily. Liam and I admitted him to the nearby hospital. He is out of danger and don't worry about it." 

"What the hell and now you're saying this. Liam hasn't called me." Emily shouted at me.

"We don't want you to be worried and I know that you clearly don't want to meet him." I fueled her anger so that she go and meet him.