Chapter 48

"You may hold my hand for a while, but hold my heart forever!"

I saw her and it's definitely her. I was thinking of all the possibilities of her being there doing this, guess I was wrong she is the one who was planning this. I still can't believe my eyes when I saw her there holding the knife ready to stab Liam. Here I was running for his life and he is facing these because of me. She thought I couldn't recognize her but she is wrong. I have been with her from my childhood and yet I let her go after all that she did to me. I ran not even caring and crossed the road as tears blinked up in my eyes. She still hasn't seen me. When she neared him with the knife I hugged him suddenly and tightly. If she wants to hurt him, let her hurt me because I deserve it. 

I pinched my eyes shut to feel the pain but I didn't feel anything. Everything happened slowly as she crossed us glaring at me. Liam was looking at me worried and fear for me.

"Baby girl, What happened, did someone hurt you?" He asked me panicked and checked for any wounds as if I was hurt. I wanted to say that I'm mentally hurt and not physically. I shook my head to calm myself and I tightened my arms around him making sure he is here with me. I was still processing the fact that she was the one who is my best friend a few weeks ago and here she was about to hurt him. How can she do this? How can she do this to me out of all the people? I know she loves him, but love is something that comes naturally, here she is making our lives miserable.

"Look at me, baby girl. Tell me something happened..." He searched for my eyes. I'm worried he would notice and read through my eyes and he finds out it was Avery who was about to stab him. 

"I'm here with you, okay. Nothing happened to me." He tightened his arms around me. I breathed in his scent filling in my senses. I let myself calm and relax into his touch. I will be insane without him here.

"Please talk something. I'm worrying here." His soft tone made me cry and yes I cried. These stupid tears flowed out wetting my cheeks and he didn't say anything and held me against him kissing my forehead. After a moment of silence,

"I thought s-someone was about to stab you. I saw the girl and she was holding a knife in her hands and was walking furiously towards you and I ran and hugged you, but she went away and passed us like nothing happened."  

"Are you stupid how could you save me risking your life, Athena?" His tone made me flinch almost. I would even die for him at any moment. For my issues, I don't want to risk his life. More tears flowed out of my eyes as he took a deep breath controlling himself not to yell at me.

"Did you see her face?" He asked me as I lowered my eyes and shook my head. I'm gonna deal with Avery myself not letting anyone. If I was the one to get hurt let me be.

"I swear I saw her, Liam." My lips wobbled at the thought of Avery. Why did she have to do this!

"I got you. I'm not going anywhere." He kissed my hair as I held him against me tightly.