Chapter 12

Your soulmate is not someone who comes into your life peacefully. It is who comes to make you question things, who changes your reality, somebody that marks a before and after life. It is not the human being everyone has idealized, but an ordinary person, who manages to revolutionize your world in a second...

 It is not the human being everyone has idealized, but an ordinary person, who manages to revolutionize your world in a second

I never thought Liam will be such a carefree person around his family. He has such a beautiful family with a loving sister and caring parents and trusted friends. He is so lucky to have them. He is perfect and he has everything perfect. He looks more calm and happy when he is with them. 

I like Emily so much, she has a bubbly personality as she is a happy-to-go lucky girl. She has the same blue eyes just as Liam who got them from his father. She is the girl everyone would like to have her. I never thought she would hug me and become instant friends with me. She is so cute. Even though I was introverted and awkward, but I found comfort around them.  On the other hand, I never expect Mr. and Mrs. Knight would like me. I... I found my father's and mother's solace in them. I felt happy and content after a long time. That embrace reminded me of my parents. They are down-to-earth people. I like them so much. I never thought that I would spend such a lovely time with them today.

I wish I have a family like Liam. I sighed thinking of my fate. Both my parents hate me to death and wish they never want to see me. I became a burden to them after all. I wanted to yell at them that I didn't do it, but partly it was my reason too. I wanted to tell them I too lost her not only them. I wanted to tell them she mean more than to me. I wanted to tell them to at least understand me a bit. Every time I went to talk they just push me out or abuse me. I gave up at last. 

My thoughts were interrupted by Emily. 

"Athena come here, We have reached." She said smiling. We got into a cozy diner, not like the richest restaurants that rich people would really go to. 

"Aiden will be joining us in a few minutes. Come we will wait until he comes." Liam said. Emily and her parents sat opposite of us while Liam sat beside me leaving a seat for Aiden. Soon the waiter came and asked what would we like to order, but we said we are waiting for someone. 

Emily was the first one to break the silence. She never stopped talking during the whole ride cracking jokes, talking kinds of stuff, etc., 

"Athena tell me about yourself." She asked eagerly.

"Well... I don't have much to say about myself. I was born and raised in New York. I love reading books. I love K-dramas. I spend most of my time in books and series. And... A bit introverted. My family is a bit tough and I don't want to talk about it. That's it."  I said shrugging with a smile. 

Emily nodded at me not questioning further about my parents or about my studies for which I'm thankful. 

"How did you end up working for Liam?" Janet asked with a mischievous glint in her eyes.