Chapter 38

"The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That's what I hope to give you forever."

She is getting nightmares again

She is getting nightmares again. I know something triggered it from Ethan's comment about her. I wanted to kill him for that as well as Aiden and Lucas too. When she said, "She was crying... I begged." I knew that something happened to her and her sister something horrible. I can guess it from the nightmares she gets. I wish I took her pain away. I wish she lives without any fear of her past. One day I hope it will get better. 

We were currently sitting in Lucas's home. He was nervous as a wreck. I know it's a big day for him as well for all of us. He is just coping up with it, while Emily is not like that or maybe she will start her panicking mode tomorrow. 

My phone ringed snapping out my thoughts. Emily's name appeared on the screen. Why she is calling now? I attended the phone and placed it on my ear. Emily's drunken slurred voice echoed on the other side. I told her not to drink much, she is drinking this much. Much to my surprise, Athena too drank. She never likes drinking, guess what Emily must compel her to drink. 

"Liam... My big brother. I love you so much." She slurred.

"Em, how did you drink?" From her voice, I'm guessing she must have drunk a whole bottle.

Aiden and Lucas shook their head for their behavior. 

"Only two, no, no, I think eight. Athena too drank." She giggled.

"Liam, she is lying, I didn't drink." Athena giggled.

"Athena, you drank. I'm coming there right now!" I said hurriedly.

"We should go and get them!" Aiden said as Lucas nodded, we all head to our home. I hurried as much as I could to reach there. When we opened the door, the girls were laughing like this is the end of the world. I looked at them, they were dancing, or should I say more like they are jumping around each other hand in hand.

"They are drunk." Aiden and Lucas said simultaneously. I rolled my eyes at their chorus. 

"Liam...." Athena threw herself at me. I stumbled a bit chuckling at her, eventually catching her in my arms. Even though she is drunk she is beautiful. I tucked her hair behind her ear.

"How much did you all drink?" I asked still smiling. As much as I worried, I calmed down to know that they are safe.

"One, two, no, five." She held four fingers grinning showing her perfect white teeth. I chuckled at my girlfriend's cuteness. 

"Damn! Cupcake, why did you all drink so much?" Aiden asked. I looked at Lucas as he was trying to calm down Emily. I laughed at him as he stuck his tongue out at me.

"I didn't drink!" She argued.

"She is Drunk," Aiden mumbled.

"I'm not. Liam says to Aiden that I didn't drink any alcohol." She pouted her lower lip. I nearly groaned. She is making it difficult for me to be in control.