Chapter 24

Your eyes set fire to my soul.

Your hands set fire to my skin.

Your words set fire to my mind.

Every part me is blushing and burning from you.

I've been avoiding her for the past week. I know I'm fucking being stupid enough to be pissed about it. I know that I can't compel her to say it. She never said a word that she is moving out of the penthouse, for which am thankful. I made sure she ate three meals a day. She has been giving apologetic looks at me. I know if I look at her one more time I'll probably be left with my anger or my ways of ignorance toward her. I'll apologize on this trip for being an asshole for this week. I've been giving her a cold shoulder for no reason for her and as well as my friends. I behave like a girl on her periods. 

I asked William to pack my bag which I've always kept for business trips. Lucas probably made the best choice to propose to Emily. He has planned something which he succeeds in getting her love at last. My parents should be present on the day of her birthday as they are busy vacationing around the world. 

William picked me up at my office and dropped me at the airport. Soon I joined the people who were laughing and cracking jokes by the time I reached. My eyes frantically searched for her to check on her whether she is okay or not. She stood there wearing simple pair of black jeans and a white T-shirt that hugged her curves perfectly. My eyes lingered on round big yet perfect breasts. She even looked breathtaking in those simple outfits. She stood there looking at me with those same sad eyes. I know that she has been trying to make up conversations with me the past few days but I never turned around and made myself busy at work. Of course, we had a pretty busy schedule with the ongoing projects. 

Somewhere in my mind that this trip gonna change something in my life. I don't know what it is. But I hope it is a good one. 

Everyone was loading their luggage into the plane. Everyone looked at my gaze at her as they left for us alone somewhat we had to seek out what was going on. Everyone got onto the plane while me and Athena still standing without boarding the plane. 

I looked at Athena still looking with a longing in her eyes. That's it I can't hold it back anymore. I have fucking missed her and I've fucking messed up. I took two long strides towards her and placed my hands on her waist lifting her up to my height and hugging her tightly inhaling her sweet vanilla scent of hers. I placed my head on the crook of her neck nuzzling lightly as she wrapped her tiny arms around my neck. I stood there just enjoying the presence of her close to me, in my arms. 

We stayed there for some moment. We both pulled away as her eyes glistened in tears. 

Fuck! I made her cry. Stupid Liam!

I just kissed her tears away peppering kisses all over her face, leaving those beautiful pink plump lips inviting me to devour. 

"I'm sorry," I mumbled.