He turned his head and looked at Lisa when he spoke. His voice was incomparably miserable when he said, "Young Master, I'd like to see your pretty little wife..."

Lisa nodded. This was the first time that Ye Kun had revealed his coaxing attitude. "Then be good, eat your meals, and go along with Doctor Manoban's treatment. I'll take you to see her once you've healed."

...

Major Crimes Department

Jennie's arrival shocked everyone. Had she not said that she was ill? Why did her complexion look rosier?

Who could have guessed that this woman's rosiness stemmed from the Third Young Master of the Manoban Family's nightly lessons?

There was a new case in the department. However, everyone was more surprised at the new development that Jennie had revealed regarding the Zong He poisoning case.

As he had solved cases for many years, Huai was filled with anger at the thought of such a simple case reaching a deadlock and becoming a dead case.

He had certainly thought of visiting the hospital to forcibly pry open the mouth of the woman who was admitted there. Nonetheless, Yanni herself had been a victim of the poisoning case. She was fortunate that she did not die earlier despite being severely poisoned in comparison to the others. However, her testimony was barely useful in the eyes of the law on account of her mental illness.

There were sequences in solving cases and rules that had to be followed.

Although Huai's manner had always made him resemble a rebel, he certainly did not possess the characteristics of an actual one. He had allowed a golden opportunity to slip by because people were already dead. As of today, the only person who could tell the truth had committed suicide as a means of taking on the offender's blame themselves. This forced them to close the case and Huai was unwilling to accept this.

There was a wooden square table inside his average-sized office. Huai pushed a pile of files aside carelessly before opening a piece of paper on the table and carefully reading it over and over again.

There were hundreds of doubts arising in his mind. Had Yanni really addressed her one and only suicide note to Jennie?

That meant that Jennie was the only person who was worthy enough to be trusted in the eyes of the deceased woman. Although she was a suspected murderer of her daughter, Yanni still displayed an unusual amount of trust in her.

Huai raised his head and looked at Jennie. This woman
seemed fragile on the outside but really she was actually full of vigor!

He had initially assumed that she was only a beautiful but superficial woman who had asked Kai for this job. It seemed as though the situation was not as simple as he had originally imagined.

A new plan for Jennie emerged in Huai's heart.

"Miss Kim, you may not be a criminal police officer but helping us solve cases is the duty of every citizen."

Huai's gaze shifted back and forth across Jennie's body in
consideration as he suddenly opened his mouth to speak. This upright man had never looked at his wife or in fact, any other woman in this manner.

Jennie secretly laughed to herself when she heard Huai
spouting this official jargon. She could guess that this was not actually Huai's field of expertise.

"Captain Huai, I'll keep an eye on Nancy so don't worry!"

Jennie stopped speaking to Huai in a roundabout manner
without even waiting for him to directly state the conclusion.

Jennie had always been humble towards Huai. She was even more likable now when she treated him like an older brother whom she worshiped.

"You're so smart!" Huai laughed while he deeply sighed in his heart.

It was not surprising that Lisa doted on his Little Mistress so much.

"Thank you for taking the trouble, Miss Kim! Did you enjoy your holiday?"

Huai had no idea what Lisa was doing. Why was Lisa
keeping the Little Mistress at home after she had returned from East Bridge?

The main point was that he did not know about the dangerous situation that Chaeyoung and Jennie had encountered in City C.

"Captain Huai, I should be able to return to work already!"

"No, no, no. I meant that Miss Kim should stay at home and get more rest if you're unwell."

Huai's smile was beaming.

This normally completely serious middle-aged man would always laugh like this when he needed to make a request of someone. The people in his team would say that Captain Huai could only put on a false smile while others said that he looked worse when he smiled than
when he cried...

This much was expected!

Jennie pursed her lips together and quietly chuckled when she recalled the things that her team members had previously said behind Huai's back. "Yes, I can even meet Miss Mcdonie more often if I spend more days lying around at home..."

Huai grinned and sighed. "Miss Kim is brilliant!"

Chaeyoung came out of Huai's office and approached them.

"Tell me, what's going on?"

Jennie threw the file she was carrying into Chaeyoung's
hands. "It's exactly as it seems. Someone has acted as the scapegoat for the Zong He case!"

"What are you planning to do later about that problem with Nancy?"

Chaeyoung suddenly felt that the Manoban Family Mansion which belonged to Luo Hai's most illustrious family had become an extremely dangerous place. It was really difficult to determine the good people from the evil ones.

Chaeyoung was worried for Jennie.

"Whatever!"

Jennie laughed when she said that..

----------------------------------------
*DO NOT VOTE PLEASE*