23.

Y/N

"Y/N come to the dinner" Laila said as we were in target going grocery shopping for my place. "I don't feel like seeing Michael" I honestly said feeling torn between in my feelings with how I feel towards him. "Yeah but its his birthday" Laila brought up as I just shook my head then grabbed some tomatoes. "What even happened to you two?!" She asked.
"Something that's should of never happened" I mumbled under my breath.

"Y/N come on" Laila said "Laila no" I repeated. "Michael would've done it for you" Laila stated. "No he wouldn't have" I honestly started off. "I've spent hella birthdays without him while I was in Atlanta so please let's not go there?" I asked pushing the cart. "So be the bigger person with whatever is going on" she suggested. "I am" I started off. "Which is why I'm stepping back from him in the first place." I added. "So no" I answered.

"So no?" She asked "even if Keith went?" She added. "I don't want Keith in the midst of anything Micheal and I have going on because it has nothing to do with him" I expressed. "Well it's only fair Keith goes if Lori is going to be there" Laila said trying to convince. "Or hear me out" I started off. "I don't go" I simply said as she sucked her teeth and I laughed getting some Lemons. "Besides why do you want me to go so badly?" I asked.

"I don't know maybe you can talk to Micheal , he's been acting different lately" Laila said as I got a bag of limes checking them before placing it into the cart. "Different how?" I asked heating for the grapes. "From what I heard he keeps to himself now" Laila said as I laughed. "If you're trying to get me to talk to him, you're doing a poor job at it" I started off. "Y/N I'm serious" she started off. "No like seriously Auntie Donna is concerned about him she said ever since he was getting into character for black panther he's been different" Laila explained.

"Well Michael is grown, he has Lori and a strong support system I'm sure he'll be alright" I simply answered. "Wow it's like that towards him now?" Laila asked. "Laila what do you want me to do?! I can't make someone do something they don't want to do" I explained. "You can at least talk to him
And check up on him" Laila expressed. "And say what Laila?" I shot back.

"Why won't you just be the bigger person?" She asked "because I'm tired of being the bigger person" I simply said. "Whatever I don't care anymore I just thought you should come" she said as I continued getting some fruit. Once we were done going food shopping I dropped Laila back off at home then went back to my place. I was reading a book as my phone started to ring and I seen Michael's name and picture pop up. I just silenced it continuing to read the book.

Around 6 I got a text from Laila the time and location of the dinner. I stood in the kitchen reading the invite over and over before deciding to go to the dinner. I dialed Keith's number and placed my phone to my ear as it went to voicemail.

I went upstairs getting into the shower. Once I was finished with my shower I brushed my teeth and threw on a robe beginning to do my hair and makeup. "Wish your love away" by Brandy begun to play as I just sung along to the song lowly.
I finished my make up doing a natural glam look then placed my hair into and updo style.