game over

AREUM'S POINT OF VIEW

I've witnessed death play out in every possible disguise; relief, thrill, anger . . . but never once have I been surprised to see a soul rise from a dead body, possibly to occupy the start of a new life, or dissipate into nothingness.

Yet, as I watch Yoongi struggling against the bullet penetrating his shoulder, pure shock has never gripped my heart more.

His eyes land on mine, naturally.

He's calling out for help in every way possible, without actually uttering the desperate word.

Can I blame him though?

After all, it was a desperate time.

Especially since he's ninety percent likely to shoot off to hell and only ten percent likely to end up at the gates to heaven.

I get it.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

"Fuck, you fucking lunatic." I watch as he struggles against his own words, the syllables barely leaving his mouth in a coherent form.

Fuck it, though.

He deserves it.

Call me selfish, I don't expect you to understand—

"Alright, alright. You win." The unexpected sound of Jungkook clapping rips mine and Jimin's eyes away from the crime scene we'd just created.

"I must say, I'm impressed—"

"What?" My lips part as I stare at Jungkook in astonishment, unblinking.

"Not so fast, Jeon." The click of Jimin's gun re-ignites the flickering of flames, now dancing around the room like some sort of cult.

"Jimin, no." I hastily place my hand in front of his raised gun, convincing him to lower the weapon which had just placed a bullet inside the man I was supposed to cherish until the sun falls from the sky.

"I know death can do some funny things to people but have you lost your damn mind? He's meant to be your sworn enemy, Ari." Creases litter Jimin's forehead as he searches my eyes for an answer, yet my eyes are trained on the mole ahead of me.

"Maybe he doesn't have to be my sworn enemy . . ." I watch as Jungkook's eyes light up, half confused and half relieved.

Yes, I may be sparing his life.

But for my benefit, not his.

"What?! Listen to yourself—"

"Maybe you should try listening to her, instead of the egoistical voices which seem to make up that arrogant mind of yours—"

"Shut your fucking mouth before I shut it for you." My eyes flicker between the two men, filled to the brim with rage.

If there's one thing I know for sure, it's that there's no stopping them.

They appeared to be as bloodthirsty as a lion which had been starved for weeks.

"Fucking try me." I gasp when Jimin raises his gun, aiming it straight at Jungkook before cocking it.

"Jimin, no!" The world falls into slow motion, eyes wide, mouth hanging open in a mixture of fear and shock as I can only imagine what's to come.

Although, should I really be surprised at this point?

After all, it was a battle of male dominance and from my experience, that never ended with flowers and rainbows.

I squeeze my eyes shut, until the pounding of my own heart's replaced with the sound of my apartment door flying open.

"Finally, we've found you."