curtain call

Areum races through the dark hallways, heels coming down onto the wooden tiles with impact.

An exhilarating smile spreads across her painted lips as she re-adjusts the platinum wig Jimin instructed her to wear, for safety measures of course.

It wasn't really her style, but that didn't matter.

Not when the job weighing down on her conscience had finally been cleared.

She places her bloody pocket knife into her coat before nearing the exit.

"Get me the fuck out of here." Areum reaches for the door knob before pulling it open, only to crash into two sturdy builds.

Her body falls against them while her face burns in shock.

"Shit." Her eyes grow to the size of plates when she feels a pair of strong arms wrap around her waist, preventing her from smacking into the cold concrete below.

"Looks like you just fell for me, sweetheart." Areum feels the wind getting knocked out of her lungs when she meets the eyes of who she'd just slammed into.

Milky skin, contrasting with coal eyes, and lashes dipped in the deepest of nights.

He was a piece of art, one she could gaze at all day and all night long, whether he'd want her to or not.

The moonlight illuminates his features while his warmth sinks through the material of her clothing.

He belonged in a museum.

"Excuse me?" Snapping out of her trance, Areum drags herself back down to earth, opposed to the heaven she'd just fell into.

Her eyes dart from the man securing her in place to the gentleman on his left in bewilderment.

"Could you tell us where Seong Ara is?" The man to his left finally speaks up, clearing his throat abruptly before doing so.

His voice was like silk.

A smirk arises onto Areum's garnet lips, a rush of confidence flowing through her veins.

Moments like these . . . were ones she adored.

How naive of them, how cute.

"Room 101. Although, she's not in the best of conditions. You know, blood bags and all . . ." Areum shrugs, enjoying the puzzled looks on their faces.

"Blood bags?"

"She didn't take to the assassination well at all. As you will know, she's traumatised, and that comes with consequences such as harming one self." Areum talks, disinterested as her voice remains monotone.

"I advise you be delicate on the matter, gentleman. Thought I'd let you know since that doesn't come as a strong point to most men." With that said, she gently pushes between them.

"You not going to be kind enough to show us the way?" The pair scoff simultaneously, looking like lost puppies, unsure of the fire they're about to step into.

If only they knew.

"Sorry boys . . ." Areum spins her body around before sliding off her synthetic gloves with her teeth, eyes captivating the men before her.

"Shift's over."