she wants revenge

"Come on, Kook. Let's dance!" Jungkook chuckles at the giddy women before him, a complete transformation from her usual cold self.

Aera's cheeks hold a rosy tint while her blonde locks remain disheveled from the countless times she'd ran her fingers through them out of frustration.

Frustration from the amount of times Jungkook had rejected her tonight.

Ten times and counting.

Although, she'd tell herself it was for reasons outside of him failing to appreciate the 'insatiable' beauty she believes herself to hold.

The little huff and pout of her lips would earn a light hearted chuckle from Jungkook, every time.

"Slow down, Aera. We've got the whole night ahead of us!" Jungkook's voice sounds gravely, straining over the immense amount of noise bouncing off the walls of the night club.

His heart pumps in his chest as he downs yet another shot, allowing the cool liquid to run over his tongue and burn his throat.

He enjoys the pain of feeling the poison trickle into his stomach while the remains linger on the tip of his tongue, acting like a burden for what he'd just let enter his system.

"No more excuses! This is my favourite song!" Before Jungkook's able to give another shitty reason as to why he shouldn't be on the dance floor, moving his heart out, Aera grabs his hand to drag him with her.

She playfully rolls her eyes when he lets out a few mumbles before running into the crowd, hand intertwined with Jungkook's.

Jungkook's eyes scan the night club as sweaty bodies brush and dance past him every so often, electricity soaring through the intense atmosphere as the music vibrates throughout his whole body.

The neon lights reflect on the array of skin tones encompassed by the walls, bouncing to the hammering beat.

Then his eyes land on a chillingly familiar face.

Jungkook's smile drops, blood running cold.

Each time he's close to inhaling a shallow breath, it gets ripped out of his throat.

His heartbeat rings in his ears, the intense sound around him becoming increasingly numbed down with every thump.

The world around him slows and blurs, yet all the emotions driving through him remain present and direct.

The comparison's beginning to throw him off balance, as if he were in a parallel dimension, and she were the key to his insanity.

Was this all just a horrific nightmare?

No.

The gloss to her emerald eyes looks too fucking real.

"Stop." Jungkook tries his best to yank his hand away from Aera's grip, eyes locked on the woman staring him down from across the club.

"Stop." Afraid to even blink, in case she were to disappear, his eyes begin to sting, only adding to the feelings dominating his very being.

She's a killer, looking him dead in the eyes, yet the last thing he's thinking about is his escape route out of here.

No, he wants to catch her, and he will.

Even if it's the last thing he does.