rest in pieces

Areum points the gun between Jungkook's eyes, to which he raises his hands up for the whole world to see.

"Easy there, tiger." Jungkook treads slowly, wanting to stay low while showing Areum that he wasn't about to let her over-power him, despite the weapon clutched in her delicate hands.

"Don't fucking patronise me." Instead of calming her down, Jungkook's words rile her up to the point of no return.

Areum cocks her gun for extra measure, sick to death of people underestimating her.

"I suggest you put the gun down before someone gets hurt." Areum's attention shifts to the source of that familiar, stern voice.

Min Yoongi.

He stands with his hands placed behind his back, head held so high into the air, she thought it might detach itself from the rest of his body.

Areum scoffs at the sight presented before her.

"I think that's the aim here, Yoon." Areum smirks, now pointing the gun in his direction.

Come to think of it, she wouldn't be in this position if it weren't for him and the art of manipulation he'd appeared to master.

Yes, the little girl she deemed herself to be all those years ago fell for his trap, but now?

She could see straight through his stinking bullshit.

Yoongi never loved her.

Areum knows that now.

To him, she was just the perfect victim to lure into his web; vulnerable, alone, slightly fucking crazy.

"Oh leave it out, Yuri. What are you trying to prove?" Jimin gives Areum's waist a slight squeeze, sensing the atmosphere drop several degrees lower.

He could sense where this conversation was going.

"That I'm not the weak, little girl you seem to think I am." Rage fills Areum to the core as she takes not one, but two steps towards Yoongi, whom was firmly standing his ground.

All eyes were on Areum, anticipation and slight fear in circulation for the next words she'd spill or the next move she'd make.

"Oh but you are, darling. What, you think that holding this gun between my eyes suddenly makes you powerful?" A dark chuckle spirals out of Yoongi's mouth while everyone else remains silent.

Nothing was humorous about his words.

No.

Just heartbreaking.

"You think I won't fucking shoot? Because I will." Areum's voice begins to break while her vision clouds over.

Raw emotion was seeping out of every pore on her body and it wasn't fucking good.

"You wouldn't shoot your first love. Not when you said you'd be the one to take a bullet for me." Yoongi's tone is void of any readable emotion, dead eyes gazing back at the broken women before him.

"Yeah, well, I'm not eighteen years old anymore. Sorry to break it to you but times have fucking changed." Areum sneers, moving in on her prey while Yoongi sits back and watches the scene unfold before him with arrogance.

"Yeah, you became a blood-thirsty whore—"

"What the fuck did you just call her?" Shock washes over Areum and Jungkook's features when Jimin pulls out a gun from behind her, directing it at Yoongi as well.

"Jimin, what the fuck do you think you're doing?" Jimin cocks his gun, pulling Areum into his side.

"Doing what I should've done the first time I met you."

Those are the last words Yoongi hears before his world turns black and the gates open to his eternal suffering, deemed to be his fate from the very first time he laid eyes on Choi Yuri.