multiply thy pain

"What do you want, Jimin?" Areum walks through her apartment light-footed, a tall glass of freshly squeezed orange juice clasped between her delicate fingers while a single strawberry occupies her other hand.

"Sex."

"Sex?" Areum stays glued to the wooden floor, heart thumping against her chest as her mouth turns dry.

She continues to gaze at Jimin, until the sound of a patronising chortle fills the air.

"You're cute, you know." Jimin points a finger in Areum's direction, an amused smile tugging at his full lips.

"But the state you left the crime scene in wasn't so cute."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Areum's tone slips past her teeth like a melodic lullaby, fingers pushing her hair over her shoulder as she sips on her orange juice.

She'd come to the conclusion that in nerve wracking moments like these, it was best to act innocent, even if she knew she was anything but that.

The secret is, she knew exactly what Jimin was about to say, but that didn't make it any less worrying.

"It means that you let the only witness to the fucking crime scene escape, unharmed." Flames light up in Jimin's magnetic eyes as he shoots daggers in Areum's direction, teeth gritted as he walks towards her.

"It means—"

"Are you wearing a new perfume?"

Areum picks another strawberry up off the side, a smile tugging at her glossy lips as her eyes sparkle with mischief.

"I am." Jimin's eyes narrow in on her when she bites into the fruit, orbs growing wide with joy.

"Mm, I can practically taste it." Areum pulls the end of the strawberry out of her mouth to replace it with two fingers, dripping with scarlet remains.

Her eyes are locked on Jimin's as she does so, a suggestive smirk plastered to her lips as she sucks on her flesh.

"Enough." Areum frowns when Jimin yanks her fingers from her mouth, an irritated expression gripping his features and refusing to let go.

"A job needs to be done and you know exactly what that is." Areum's frown simmers from boiling point when Jimin runs his thumb along her full lip.

He chuckles in adoration before pulling out what appeared to be a train ticket, followed by a document from his pocket.

"Your train to Seoul leaves in an hour, here's the information to go along with the trip." Jimin places them in front of Areum for her to take, but before her hands can come into contact with them, he pulls back.

"Make it look like suicide, got it?" Areum slowly nods before snatching the ticket and document from his pretty hands, eyes immediately scanning over the information.

"Suicide . . . got it."