devil's night

FLASHBACK

"There's nothing quite like a night in Paris." Areum's heels click against the cobbled street below while the cool breeze ghosts her skin.

The air's heavy with a mixture of cigarettes and violence, something that disgusted her just as much as it enthralled her.

"Tu cherches à mourir ce soir, ma belle?" The corners of Areum's lips turn up into a taunting smile at a passerby's words.

"Ne le sommes-nous pas tous?" An evil cackle dissipates into the darkness as Areum continues to walk through the French underworld.

Serpents seethe through Areum's veins as her destination comes into sight, eyes lighting up once a red glow spills out over her skin, the devil's spawn.

Her heels dig into the degraded ground below as she observes her surroundings, neck twisting high and far.

Without a third thought, she steps foot into 'Les Chandelles', dismissing the bundle of whistles from the lone wolves outside.

A gust of warmth embraces her in the most chilling way as she walks through the club, the atmosphere dripping with cheap sex.

Areum's skin crawls with a burning sensation as a stocky man approaches her, clothes so tight they looked as if they may burst at the seams at any given moment.

"Puis-je vous aider, mademoiselle?" The man's grouchy voice strains over the immense amount of noise bouncing off the walls of the club, beady eyes blatantly raking over her body.

Areum reciprocates his actions with disgust gripping her features.

"Oui, je suis ici pour couvrir un quart de travail—"

"Adrienne, non?" A false smile tugs at Areum's rouge lips while fire dances in her eyes.

She could only thank Jimin for forcing her to learn five languages, French being one of them, and as much as she didn't want to do it, it brought in all those extra bonuses.

She's perfected the languages of Swedish, Russian, French, Japanese and Italian, as well as Korean being her native language.

"Et tu es?" The slimy man sends her a quick nod before revealing a sickening grin.

Nevertheless, Areum's mind bursts with colour as she anticipates the name close to rolling off her tongue.

"Kang Aera." Areum forces herself to hold back a snigger by digging her teeth into the softness of her bottom lip.

Meanwhile, the man sends her another nod before directing her to the back rooms of the club, in other words, where the strippers changed and accompanied thirsty men in private suits.

"Changez-vous, vous êtes nécessaire dans la chambre A6 doux."  Areum gestures a sarcastic salute before getting to work.

A sigh passes her lips as she begins to get changed into the gear Jimin bought her, eyes fixated on herself in the dozens of mirrors enveloping the room.

Black synthetic stockings: check.

Glossy heels: check.

Jimin's favourite gun: check.

Pocket knife: check.

Lace, silk, and more lace: check, check and check.

"Beautiful." Areum runs her fingertips over her body, feeling the array of expensive materials decorating her skin while she eyes herself up in the mirror.

She adjusts her cherry coloured wig before exiting the room, thoughts of Jeon Jungkook's lips carrying her through the dread and dark hallways.

Jungkook.

She was convinced his name refused to leave her pretty head, as if he'd cast a lovestruck spell over her.

He was there in her sleep, he was there when she was holding some unfortunate soul at gun point.

He was with her everywhere and yet, she couldn't get enough of him.

The mere thought of him was suffocating . . . but who's to say she didn't enjoy the feeling of getting all the air knocked out of her lungs?

Areum loved the dizzy effect he had over her, therefore, she only believed it as fair to pay a tribute to him through the colour of her wig.

Cherry red to match her favourite feature of his.

"A6, A6, A6" Areum stalks confidently down the corridor, head held high as she searches for the door to her next heaven.

She would no longer have to dream of having her next victim begging at her mercy while she decided what to do next.

The wait was officially over, and Areum couldn't wait to get stuck in.

"A6." A sickly smile spreads across Areum's lips as she reaches the correct room.

"Let the fun begin."