unholy night

"Damn mafia bosses." Areum wipes the blood spilling from her lip, the taste of copper tingling her taste buds while her eyes cloud with rage.

She could kill Jimin for making her complete this trip.

Her brows knit together while grizzly bears race through her veins.

The humid air envelopes her as she continues to walk down the dirty streets of Seoul, the night life of the city welcoming her with thorns for arms.

The summer breeze dances through her dishevelled locks as she nears the closest bar to her location.

She needed a drink, and fast.

Areum's nose turns up in disgust when she peaks down a vacant alleyway, littered with used heroin needles and a looming darkness.

She refused to believe injecting fuck-knows-what into your body was a form of release and ecstasy.

She mentally shakes her head before diverting her attention to the bar on her left.

It appeared sentimental and melancholy, the tinted neon giving it a seductive invitation.

It was perfect.

Without another thought, she steps into the darkness and heads towards one of many vacant bar stools.

The place was practically empty, causing a smile to creep its way onto her glossed lips.

"You look like you need something worthwhile." Areum's eyes snap towards a male figure coming out from the shadows, amber lights reflecting onto his skin to create a subtle glow.

"What makes you say that?" Areum watches as the man runs his honey orbs over her body before meeting her eyes, lips pursed into a thin line.

He simply shrugs.

"Take a seat, sweetheart." The man gestures to one of the barstools Areum was just about to sit on, an unreadable expression plastered to his endearing features.

"Three shots of tequila, please." Anticipation races through Areum's veins as her muscles begin to tense up.

The man gazes at her in disbelief.

"What?" The man jerks out of his trance.

"Three shots of tequila? Coming right up." Areum forces herself to suppress a giggle as she watches him prance around, practically sweating from her presence.

She leans on her hands, elbows resting against the cold counter as she smiles to herself.

"Hey, relax." He sends her a tight-lipped smile, a nervous glint in his eyes as he places the shot glasses on the counter.

"I'm not the one who's about to have three shots of tequila, darling." Areum observes as he fills the glasses up to the brim, the veins on his arms practically inviting her to stare.

"You sound jealous."

"And you sound like a psychopath." He retorts back while Areum simply stares, a thick lump forming at the base of her throat.

The hairs on the back of her neck stand up while her heart drops into her stomach, unwanted.

Without another word, she picks up the first shot before tipping her head back to let the cool liquid glide down her throat.

"What's your name?"

"Taehyung, Kim Taehyung."