blue moon

"We've merged your description of the assassin with the man that took down her name at the strip club and . . ." Namjoon slides his laptop in front of Jungkook.

"This is the finished result." Jungkook stares at the pixelated image before him, the nightmares from seeing her face in the flesh running back to him.

"So, what do you think?" Namjoon searches Jungkook's face for any indication of an answer, twiddling with his thumbs in the process.

"You really couldn't have waited until the morning to show me this?" Jungkook chuckles lightly, despite the tense atmosphere gripping the room.

His eyes flicker from Namjoon's to the laptop screen, tongue running along the flesh of his bottom lip as heavy thoughts condense in his mind.

"Well, it's kind of important Kook—"

"The eyes need to be more of a vibrant green, as opposed to a sage green." Namjoon's expression distorts for a mere second before dissipating along with the hard lump in his throat.

He'd be damned if it were his brain playing tricks on him, but he's convinced Jungkook's more invested in the girl than he leads on.

From the way he addresses her, to the switch up in his body language whenever she's mentioned.

"You've really paid attention to her, huh?" Namjoon leans over to correct the minor detail, slightly on edge from Jungkook's empty stare.

"That's our job, isn't it? To pay attention to the killers on the loose?" A temporary silence clings to the space surrounding the two gentlemen until Namjoon hums in false agreement, lean fingers gently tapping away on the keypad.

It's not that he doesn't agree with what Jungkook was saying, it's the extent of detail to which he's paying to her, so much so, that it was beginning to seem like he was loosing sight of the situation.

"Now, if you don't mind, I've got a meeting with Mr. Park in precisely twenty minutes." Jungkook soon arises from his seat, brushing his black jacket off from nonexistent stress.

"Who?" Namjoon blurts out, closing the lid of his laptop before turning to face his colleague.

In turn, Jungkook smirks, eyes coming back to life.

"I believe his name is Park Jimin, and claims to have some information concerning our little killer."

SCENE CHANGE

AREUM'S POINT OF VIEW

Wrapped up in my own dangerous thoughts, I lay, sprawled out on sheets made from the finest silk.

It's too bad they're not sporting the finest lady.

My eyes flutter closed like a delicate butterfly, a midnight black enveloping my vision.

I used to like the dark.

Until I realised I am my own darkness.

It sounds like a cliché, doesn't it?

Although, I think it's fair to say that my life is anything but that.

Still, as I lie here, I can't help but imagine how I would've ended up if my parents had've been normal fucking human beings.

Would I be in a happy relationship?

Would my day be filled with light hearted laughter, cupcakes and butterflies that gravitate towards you instead of flying away?

Would I be scared about allowing myself to fall asleep at night—?

DING.

I'm rattled from my thoughts, a groan passing my lips as reality smacks me in the face.

Rolling over, I retrieve my phone, the brightness flooding my vision, as well as the French hotel room I was currently situated in.

(1) New Message

(21:33) Jimin: Sleep well baby, you've got a big day tomorrow. You'll do your best for daddy, right?

A hard lump blocks up my throat as my eyes skim over his message.

Of course, how could I ever forget.

Tomorrow was the day that my life would change.

Forever.