CHAPTER 27 - CONNECTING THE DOTS

SEONYOUNG

I didn't remember how I managed to walk out of his room and then proceed to Jaebeom oppa's room to take his blood. However, he saw me walking like a zombie so he told me to sit down first. Probably he was afraid that I might poke into wrong vein.

"What happpened to you? Here, sit down first," he pulled a chair beside his bed and patted it, telling me to sit there. I just sat and said nothing. Maybe my jaw was still dropped a bit, I didn't know. What was just happened? Did Jinyoung just say that he came to the hospital because of me? Why?

"Oppa, are you really seeing Elle noona?" I asked him suddenly, caught him off guard.

"Why do you ask that suddenly? But yes, I'm seeing her."

"I thought Jinyoung was either seeing her or Ellie unnie, but this morning I just found out that Ellie unnie is Jackson oppa's wife and Jinyoung told me Elle's unnie boyfriend is you," I repeated like a broken casette.

"And?" he chuckled when he saw me looking confused. Among the boys, he was the one that I was comfortable talking to. He was like my own brother. I did have a big brother but he was working in Busan, so I rarely got to talk to him. So, Jaebeom oppa somehow substituted him in my mind. I didn't answer and just straighten his arm before poking his vein with a syringe. Luckily, even though I looked like a zombie, I still could work well without making any mistake.

"Did Jinyoung say something to you? And I didn't hear you say 'oppa' behind his name," he warned me. He was quite strict with honorifics, just like Jinyoung.

"Don't rat me to him!" I warned him, pointing to the syringe I was holding.

"I won't, but he's still older than you, call him oppa. Though he hopes you'll call him oppa in different way," he added while still chuckling.

"What way?" I asked.

"In a loving way," he added. Ew, that sounded cheesy. I never thought he could say something cheesy. Jackson oppa, yes, but Jaebeom oppa? Not in a million year.

"Oppa!" I shrieked and he was afraid that I might pulled out the syringe accidentally, but I didn't. I pulled out the syringe when I was finished putting the bandage on.

"Seriously though, how come you think it was either Ellie or Elle noona?" he asked.

"Well, he's been coming to the hospital a lot, even take Ellie unnie to lunch. If he's not interested in her, then why? He even bought the whole team coffee," I argued.

"By the whole team, is it including the ER team and on the time when your shift is on?" Jaebeom oppa asked. I pushed my brain to work a little, and I suddenly realized he was right.

"Oh no...," I covered my mouth in realization.

"He's asking her out so people won't be suspicious of you. And he wants to make Jackson jealous as he can't see his own wife in public. He brought along the maknaes, didn't he? Then what about the cafe? Did he bring along the maknaes as well? When it was just two of you?" he continued. Again, I pushed my brain to work past its limit and he was right once again.

"But I thought he wants to make Elle unnie jealous by bringing me to the cafe," at this point, I knew my reason was weak.

"The cafe is a safe place for us. None of our fans knew about it, that's why it's the only place that he felt safe to bring you to. And I think Elle noona forced him to bring you there. She was curious of you as well, if I'm not mistaken. She told me a lot of things about you when you visited the cafe," he said it casually. "Sometimes I want to smack Jinyoung for sharing too much with Elle noona. I'm her boyfriend but my own girlfriend talks about other boy's crush, imagine my feeling, huh?" he complained but then ruffled my hair while laughing when he saw me completely froze in my seat.

"Okay, tell Ellie unnie, I'm going home. It's too much," I said, standing up and about to leave when Jaebeom oppa grabbed my hand.

"Ayyy.. Come on, just sit. Or do you want to sleep here? I'm going to the radiology next, ain't I? I can ask the nurse to escort me and you can just rest here," he started to get off from the bed and pushed me to climb the bed instead and pulled the blanket to cover me. "I'll tell Ellie that you're getting some rest in my room and not telling Jinyoung about it." I nodded and immediately went into the dreamland within seconds. Luckily I was too tired that even the shocking news didn't affect my sleep. However, I felt something soft at the tip of my fingers when I shuffled to adjust my position. How long have I been asleep? I opened my eyes only to find 'something soft' at the tips of my finger was Jinyoung's hair. I tried to look at my watch as quietly as possible because he was sleeping as well on the bed side and I didn't want to wake him. But I forgot all my intentions when I saw the time, it was 6 PM! I was asleep past lunch time and it was almost dinner time now. I sat up abruptly so obviously it woke Jinyoung up.

"Oh hey, finally you wake up," he said, still looking half-asleep but still looking good as ever. As if the hashtag 'iwokeuplikethis' was his.

JINYOUNG

My turn for the radiology was straight after Jaebeom hyung, so I saw him when he came out of the examination room. I heard he was supposed to be accompanied by Seonyoung, but I didn't see her anywhere. Completely aware that I was looking for Seonyoung, Jaebeom hyung chuckled and told me she was sleeping, upstairs, in his room.

"I'm willing to switch room with you, just don't disturb her sleep. She needs her rest. I guess Ellie was overestimated her. She forgot that not everyone didn't need their sleep like her and Jackson. Anyway, stop bringing her to the cafe, it confuses her," he told me.

"Urgh.. Did she tell you that or Elle noona?" I groaned.

"Both. She's just told me but noona already told me about it when you first brought her to the cafe. I was planning to spend time with my girlfriend but all she talked about was Seonyoung. Next time bring her somewhere else. Don't use other's wife or girlfriend as your front," he grunted, just like Jackson the other day.

"Okay, deal. You'll tell Ellie about the room switch?" I asked as I was already called to go inside the examination room.

"Yes, I'll tell her or Mae," he nodded.

She was sleeping soundly when I entered the room. She didn't even move in her sleep. I remembered when she slept over, she also didn't move all night. She would sleep in one position and still woke up in the same position. Looking at her position, it was comfortable enough so I didn't move her and just sat by the bed. Jaebeom hyung was right when he warned me not to disturb her sleep, she totally needed it. She was slim before, but since she started working as one of the Doctor Helicopter team, she has lost significant weight. But at least she's not as gaunt as before now that she has left her previous hospital. However, the darkness on her under eyes were still visible, another proof that her previous workplace was quite demanding of her time that she could barely rest. Looking at her peaceful sleeping face was quite fascinating as it was totally different to the face she had when she was awake, especially when she was working in the ER. Though her built was like any other average girl, but her piercing gaze could make a giant shivered. Not to mention her voice when she was barking orders. Even the deaf could hear when she yelled if anyone didn't do their work correctly.

Without realizing, I traced her finger with mine, her long and slim fingers and her hand. Her small but strong hand before intertwined my fingers with hers. Looking at her sleeping peacefully suddenly made me sleepy as well. Especially after the lunch I had from the hospital. They gave us quite a feast after making us fasting for the blood test. I put my head on the bed and within seconds I dozed off. Ellie woke me up two hours later, telling me that I was good to go, but when she saw that Seonyoung was still sleeping, she told me that I could use the room until Seonyoung was finally awake. She would inform Mae herself and gave my discharge paper to the nurse station so if I was going to leave, I'd just need to inform the nurse station. The others came by but I stopped them by the door. I didn't want them to wake Seonyoung. Luckily, two of them had their shares in dealing with tired girlfriends. It was easier to tell Jackson to shut up now that he knew how tiring it could be for Ellie after night duties. And Mark hyung was always considerate so even though he didn't know Mae when she was working as a nurse, he knew how hard it was to work as doctor. It was easier to make them influence the other to back off for now and bugged me later. Apparently I dozed off again after the boys left since the next thing I knew I felt something moving abruptly that woke me up and when I opened my eyes, I saw Seonyoung already sat on her bed, wide awake.

"Oh hey, finally you wake up," I said.