CHAPTER 15 - COMING CLEAN

JINYOUNG

I called my manager when I was in the car. I informed him that I'd be staying at Jaebeom hyung's tonight. He told me that my dad has left, but Jinhyuk kept asking about me. He told me he hasn't found a doc replacement either. I apologized for all the trouble he had to face because of me. He said not to worry about it.

"Hyung, what do you think if I tell Jinhyuk everything?"

I heard a sigh from across the phone. "Personally, I don't think it'd be a problem. He deserves an explanation as well. But your dad.. He might kill me if he knew I supported your action."

"What will happen if I decided to tell it to the public as well? What's the consequence?"

"If Jinhyuk didn't mind, then I don't think there would be any problem. The one that signed with BH entertainment is you, and you did your work under BH, not Jinhyuk. While the one with JYP has expired yet. For royalty, since everything is already registered under your names, as long as Jinhyuk okay with that, I don't think there'll be a problem either. However, it will be a problem for you dad as he forged and swapped your data with Jinhyuk. He completely made your data gone and replaced everything with Jinhyuk's. Wait, have you changed your nationality to American yet?"

"Yeah, I am American. Why?" I inquired.

"Because Jinhyuk is required to do military duty under your name, so if you want to come out with everything, you have to do it before he's required to report for duty. And if you're planning to let go of your American citizenship, then you should join the military as well," he explained. 

"Okay, give me a day to think everything. And hyung, do you have Seonyoung's number?"

Another sigh, "I do. Just be careful, okay? I'll stay here to accompany Jinhyuk tonight," he warned before giving me Seonyoung's number.

"Okay. Thanks a lot hyung," I ended the call and Jaebeom hyung came back just in time and raised his eyebrow, asking me silently whom I was calling.

"My manager," I told him. "He said there won't be any problem for me if I decided to come out about everything, but it will be a problem for my dad since he might forged some data when he swapped mine with Jinhyuk's."

"Problem as in being imprisoned?" he questioned.

"Maybe." I took out a deep breath. Even though I didn't like his action, I didn't want him to be imprisoned. That made me to think twice about coming out.

"Come on, I have an early schedule tomorrow, let's just sleep first," he told me when we finally arrived at his house. I told him to go inside first as I wanted to call Seonyoung. I haven't apologized to her. I just hoped she hasn't slept yet.

"Hello?" I heard her voice from the other side of the phone.

"Hi, this is Jinyoung. The real Jinyoung," I added immediately so she wouldn't get confused.

"Oh," I heard some shuffling sound from her side. As if she was sitting up on her bed.

"Did I wake you up?" 

"No, I just lie down when you called. What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I just didn't have the chance to apologize to you. I'm sorry for my dad earlier."

SEONYOUNG

I  just lay down when my phone vibrated. I grabbed it without looking at the caller ID. I assumed it would the hospital, considering the time. Much to my surprise, when I picked it up, it was Jinyoung on the line. I immediately sat down when he said his name. This was the first time I talked to him on the phone. Usually his manager was the one that called me.