CHAPTER 35 - PRESCRIPTION

SEONYOUNG

I opened my eyes and felt hurt all over my body. I flinched when I tried to sit up. It hurt even more. My head also hurt, and my face ... I tried to touch my face but when I raised my hand, I could see my knuckles were hurt as well.

"Hey.. you're awake." I turned my head only to see Jinyoung walked toward me in a rush. He was just stepping into my room and immediately rushed to my bedside.

"Oppa, what happened?" I asked. I only remembered seeing his face before I passed out.

He clearly thought about how to answer my question and hesitated a bit before answering. "Huh, and now you remember to call me oppa without me asking for it?" He tried to tease me a bit to break the ice. "What do you remember? I'll try to fill in the blanks," he finally answered when he saw I didn't budge.

"I remembered we were asked to help the engineer inside the maze, but the so called victim was a jerk. He.. He ...," I started to lose my voice when the memories rushing in.

He hugged me when he saw me stuttered and probably looking terrified again. "Shhssushh.. it's okay.. I'm here.. you're safe," he kept brushing my hair and patted my back to soothe me. After awhile he backed away a little to check on me.

"He tried to hurt you, and I was a fool for not following you inside. He managed to hurt you for a bit before I caught up to you, just before you passed out."

"Did he..?" I couldn't finish my question but from his face, I guessed he knew what I was asking about. He squeezed my hand, "No, you were strong. You fought back relentlessly until I came and he couldn't do anything to you. You're strong, you're a brave girl," he kissed my forehead before pulling me into his embrace again. I felt the warmth of his body enveloping me, making me felt safe. "I'm sorry for bringing you to the amusement park," he added.

I pulled back and looked at his face. Guilt was written all over his face. It wasn't his fault though. I shook my head, "No, you did nothing wrong. It was them that tricked us. You're not the one that tried to rape and punch me, so don't blame yourself," I tried to comfort him.

"Oh what should I do to you?" he pulled me back again into his hug, tighter this time. "You're the one getting hurt, but you comforted me."

JINYOUNG

"I don't know, maybe you can stay with me?" she looked at me and how I wished she didn't have to go through what she's just been through yesterday.

"As if you need to ask," I answered and pulled her back to my hug. I immediately let her go when I heard someone coughing behind us. I turned around only to see her brother standing by the door. I immediately stood up by the bedside and let him sat on the chair beside the bed.

"Oppa!" I heard her surprised tone when she greeted her brother. "How?" she didn't finish her question as her brother interrupted her.

"He called me," her brother pointed at me. "And told me I shouldn't hurry as not to harm myself by rushing to get here. So, are you guys together or what?" he blatantly asked. I could saw her face blushed.

"Oppa!" she tried to hit her brother but he dodged it and she regretted her action as well as it inflicted pain on her injured body.

"You should stop moving too much, you got bruises all over you," I helped her to lie down again as I saw her face flinched because of the pain.

"Where are you staying, oppa?" she asked her brother.

"I don't know yet. I've just arrived and went straight here. I haven't even met your doctor," he admitted.

"You can stay in my house," I offered.

"What about you?" he asked back.

"I'll keep my promise and stay here with her." He eyed me as if I had other motive for staying behind but before I could answer, Minhyuk came in with several other doctors. One of the female doctors came rushing and hugged Seonyoung immediately.

"Seonyoung-ah... What happened to you? Are you okay?" she asked.

"I'm okay. So, when can I leave?" she immediately asked her other friend.

"Okay everyone, now that you've seen Seonyoung up and well, can you guys please leave?" Minhyuk ordered the other doctors. One by one hugged her, patted her shoulder or shook her hand before leaving her room. Until it was only me, her brother and Minhyuk.

Minhyuk raised his eyebrow, "You're staying? Her brother is here now," he pointed out that I wasn't her relative. I hesitated but then I felt Seonyoung's hand held mine.

"It's okay, he can stay," she answered for me. My heart melted at her small gestures. Now I knew why Jaebeom hyung got soft around Elle noona.

"Okay then. I believe he has filled you in?" Minhyuk asked her brother while pointed at me. Her brother nodded so he kept on going. "There's no problem with her CT, but I'll need to order her to go through counseling before she could go back to the ER. I've told Prof. Han and he agreed, so you can't avoid this. He ordered you to rest until you're cleared by Prof. Shin."

"But.. you guys will suffer.. The schedule will..," she started to argue.

"We'll survive. As if we never went through staff shortage before," Minyhuk interrupted her again. "Just focus on your recovery. I got two people here standing in front of me, who I bet won't mind beating me themselves if you didn't recover fully."

She chuckled at Minhyuk's remark. Without realizing we've been standing by her sides like her bodyguards. Her brother's build was quite big and tall as well, totally the opposite of her.

"Wait a minute, why do I need counseling with Prof. Shin?" she suddenly asked. I haven't told her about her panic attacks all night.

"He's been telling me you've woken up few times last night and it seemed you had panic attacks. I've given you anti anxiety for now, but you still need counseling. I guess he hasn't told you that?" Minhyuk realized half way that I haven't told her and now she demanded more explanation.

"Do you remember when you were lost in the maze and mirror maze when you were still 5 years old?" now his brother tried to help Minhyuk.

She looked at her brother with frown on her forehead, "No," she shook her head. "But while he was chasing me, I got flashback. A little girl was walking in a maze, trying to find her way out while crying and later she crouched and buried her head between her knees while still crying."

"Well, that's you," her brother simply said. She looked back in disbelief.

"Why I didn't remember that? I just had this uneasiness about maze and mirror maze, but I didn't remember being lost before."

"Well, maybe your defense system made you forget about it all these times, but it came back to the surface when you went through the same thing. That's why I ordered the counseling. We don't want the same thing happened again. So, be there," Minhyuk put an end to all her questions. "You're staying for another night to be safe until you get your first counseling and then it's up to Prof Shin whether or not to keep you admitted."

"Ughh.. Okay," she complied reluctantly. "Can I see my face?" she asked suddenly, making me, Minhyuk and her brother flinched all at once.

"Is it that bad?" she asked when she saw our expressions. We looked at each other before Minhyuk decided she was quite hard headed and would walk to the bathroom herself if we didn't let her. Minhyuk and I helped her to stand up and brought her to the bathroom so she could look at her face in the mirror. She cringed when she saw her reflection. "Wow, I looked like I've been hit by a car."

"Don't worry, it'd be less visible in a week. More importantly, you still have your biggest fan here and he's not running away, so it's nothing," Minhyuk added while pointing to me. Seonyoung grinned and I couldn't help smile back at her.