CHAPTER 4 - SOS

SEONYOUNG

I became nervous about what happened yesterday. That jerk wouldn't report me to the hospital administration, would he? I didn't have his manager's number. Should I find out about his number? Or should I just pretend nothing happened yesterday? He didn't have any concrete proof that I broke the hospital rule, did he? I was positive he wasn't holding his phone or anything else to record me yesterday, so even if he told the administrator, it was just his saying against mine. Would they believe him instead of me? Oh crap... I scratched my head in frustration.

"What's wrong with you?" my friend, Soo-min asked me. She is a radiologist but she often came to the ER to chitchat with me.

"Nothing," I quickly gathered myself. No one else should know about this problem.

"I heard you got a VIP patient two days ago and he's the rising actor. Is he really handsome?" Soo-min started to get starstruck.

"How do you know about it?" I frowned. Didn't we suppose to keep our mouth shut? With his manager saying, he wasn't even here?
"Sssttt.. You know what they're saying about hospital walls. They're too thin!" her eyes twinkled. I guessed it must be one of the nurses. They ran their mouth so easily.

"Do they ask nurses to sign NDA as well?" I asked her. Ever since I joined this hospital, yesterday was the first time I was asked to sign NDA, and I didn't see they asked the nurses to sign one.

"I don't think so, why?"

"Huh, and I'm the one signing it with the risk of paying the penalty while they are the ones that can't keep their mouth shut," I became grumpier than before.

"Ah come on, everyone knows that whatever happened inside the hospital stays in the hospital. So, is it true? I heard he's very sweet and nice and not to mention very handsome," she kept on going.

"Sorry, even though you're my best friend, but I don't have the money to pay the penalty, so no comment," I cut her off. Luckily, the paramedics were coming in with a new patient so she got no choice but to let me back to my work.

They brought in a traffic accident patient. He got his shin bones broken and lots of laceration. He also got a minor concussion. After taking x-ray and blood work to prepare for operation, I called the orthopedic and neurosurgeon for consultation. Luckily he was stable. After the x-ray and lab result were back, we sent him up to the OR to be operated. After he was sent to the OR, a little kid was rushed in for seizure. I heard the nurse tried to calm the mother down so we could ask her about the history of the patient. I injected the anti seizure drug and the kid stopped seizing. I ordered another blood lab and explained to the mother that the kid might need to be hospitalized for observation since this was his first time getting seizure. I consulted the case to a pediatric and then realized that it was time for lunch. One of the resident offered to stay behind so the other could eat first. I was starving but then lost my appetite again once I remembered about my encounter with the jerk yesterday.

JINYOUNG

"Cut!" I heard the director shouted. I bowed to my partner, "Good job," we both said to each other. I had to catch up with my shoot today. Luckily the rest were so understanding. I guessed acting to be a good person had its own advantage. Though I was fed up having to be a nice guy all the time. Smiling and laughing, being polite to the other, and the most important thing, no cursing. Wasn't it natural that a grown up man sometimes cursed? Life wasn't always sunshine and rainbow, and as human we should be allowed to be in bad mood. I walked back to the makeup station to get my makeup retouched. After finishing this drama, I would be starring in another movie. I bet my dad would be surprised when he heard the news about the movie. I purposely picked that movie to irritate him.

This drama was an easy one. After doing this for awhile, rom-com was an easy one. I got the look to sway the female character, and since the story was an easy flowing one, there wasn't much challenge. The other actors and actress were okay as well. Having to smile so much was the problem here. I felt cheeks and lips were tired for having to curl up so many times to smile. Probably that was the reason why I picked a darker one after this drama. I didn't want to smile all the time anymore.

"Jinyoung, you're next," one of the staff informed me. I smiled and stood up to walk toward the set. See, I had to smile all the time. It was exhausting.

"Okay, for this scene, you'd have to stand over there, a little bit behind Go-eun-ssi, We'll take a long distance shoot and then the close up one by one. Okay, let's practice first," the director started to give direction. While the director was talking to the staff, I decided to put up a playful image. I knew the BTS camera guy was shooting at us. Giving him more footage of me being nice and playful on the set would be good for my image. All the staff were laughing because of me, even Go Eun noona couldn't help but smiling. At least this drama was about to end its first season. I couldn't wait to shoot the next one though. That one suited me much better.

SEONYOUNG

I dragged Soo-min at the cafetaria to sit with me. I had to find out about him. If I could get in touch with his manager, I'd probably persuade the manager to keep their mouth shut about my side job in exchange for signing the NDA.

"Do you miss me that much?" Soo-min was barely getting her lunch when I dragged her to the table that was pretty far from the other. I couldn't risk anyone overheard our conversation.

"Just shut up and sit. I need to ask you something," I said impatiently.

"Gee.. For someone who needs help, you're very impatient. What is it?" Soo-min grunted.

"About what we talked about this morning. Do you know anything about him? His company or his manager?" I asked in low voice, worried that someone might overheard us.

"I thought you weren't interested," she smiled curiously. I wasn't interested in the direction that she was thinking, but I let her. She started to take her phone out and searched for something before handing it back to me.

"Here," she gave her phone to me and showed me his IG profile. I looked at it and noticed the company he worked at. I gave Soo-min's phone back and started to search on my own. I had to call the company later when I was at home later to make sure no one else heard my call.

"What's that about?" Soo-min asked curiously.

"Nothing," I shrugged. "I'm just a bit curious, that's all," I lied, of course. Why would I be interested in that annoying jerk?

It was a slow afternoon. Only two patients came to the ER after lunch. One of them was a stroke patient, and the other one was a heart attack patient. We managed to stabilize them both and then admitted them to the ICU/ICCU. Luckily, my partner who got the next shift came right on time so I could go home on time. When I got back at my apartment, I started to call the company, asking for his manager. Apparently they were on a shooting set, so they told me to just text him and not calling him. How should I text him? 'Hey, this is the doctor from the ER. Can you ask your client to shut up about the other day in exchange for the NDA?' That sounded crazy. Haaiisshh.. I got frustrated with the whole situation. I just hoped we wouldn't see each other again. I tossed my phone and slumped on the bed. Maybe sleeping could make me forget everything.