CHAPTER 38 - SECOND STEP

JINYOUNG

That silly girl couldn't saw her bruises so she decided to stand under the running water getting drenched. She would get sick if I came home later. She was surprised when I told her I'd help her wash up. Of course I wouldn't strip her naked, I just didn't tell her that yet. I was fun to tease her. It was better to see her blushed because of my comment rather than saw her freeze whenever she remembered what happened that night. I walked near the sink to grab the big towel and wrapped her with it. She raised her eyebrow, questioning what I was doing, but I told her to just be quiet. I wrapped her with the towel like some kind of giant spring rolls and since she was drenched, I decided to carry her.

"Oppa! What are you going to do now?" she let out a bit protest when I carried her out of the bathroom bridal style.

"Just be quiet. You might fall if you kept moving like that," I said while walking out of the bathroom and the guest room and entered my own room and bathroom. She realized I brought her to my bathroom but she kept quiet, though I could see her eyes getting bigger.

"Just stay still, I'll fill up the tub," I warned her before walking toward the bath tub. I had a bath tub in my bathroom, but the one in the guest room was just shower. I checked the temperature of the water before walking out of the bathroom again to get something.

"How come do you have a bath bomb?" she asked when she saw I was bringing one and dunked it into the bath tub.

"It was in the pile that my manager brought. I'm guessing it was from fans," I answered without looking at her. I made sure it was dissolved completely and the whole tub was covered with bubbles before I turned back to face her.

"I'll step out from the room so you can take off your clothes and then dip into the bath tub. I'll check on you so make sure you're already inside the tub before I come back," I warned her. She did as I told her to, and I saw her already inside the tub when I peeked again. I handed her a shower puff to which she raised her eyebrow again.

"Another stuff from fans?" she asked.

"Yeah. I don't know why they sent weird stuff. Well, at least it comes in handy now. You get to enjoy it," I pointed out that it wasn't useless at last.

"Wait, oppa, are you seriously going to wait for me to take a bath?" she asked when she realized I didn't go back out after handed her the shower puff.

I shrugged my shoulder, "You said it yourself. You're not comfortable since your marks reminded you of what happened that night. Do you need me to help you scrub as well?" I teased her again. It was funny when her face became red because of the embarrassment.

"No!" she immediately answered. "I can do it myself," she immediately held the puff stronger as if she wouldn't let me to snatch it from her hand.

I laughed before deciding to let her take a bath in peace, "Okay, I'll wait outside. If you felt uncomfortable, I'll be gladly to help you rinse it off," I added while giving her teasing look. I decided I have teased her enough, so I turned around and went toward the door. Just when my hand was on the doorknob, I heard her calling me.

"Oppa..," I glanced over my shoulder before I heard her continuing, "Thank you," her voice was like a whisper, and I just nodded and left the room.

SEONYOUNG

I was glad he didn't think I was mad when he found me soaked with all my clothes still on. I also felt relieved when he figured out a way for me to take a bath without having to see the bruises and hickeys. But not after teasing me a lot. For a moment, I thought he would force me and bathed me himself. But I was wrong, of course. He was a gentleman though he wouldn't admit it because he didn't want to get the same label as Jinhyuk. I sighed. I didn't want to admit that my heart did skip a beat when I realized he didn't try to take any advantage over my weakness. He even found a way to help me deal with my problem without saying anything. His action showed me that he would help me to get out of my problem without rushing me. He'd stay by my side until I could overcome it myself, making sure to lend a hand if I needed it.

I made sure I finished in 5 minutes as I worried he might barge in any minute. I closed my eyes when I rinsed my body and covered it towel immediately after I stepped out of the bath tub. Then I realized something. He carried me here without bringing any of my clothes. And this was his bathroom. As if he could read my mind, I heard knocking on the door before he poked his head inside after I said my okay.

"Are you finished? Okay.. Give me a minute so I can run to the kitchen. You can go back to your room after that." And just that he vanished again. I counted until twenty before stepping outside the bathroom. Once again, he was being a gentleman more than he was willing to admit. I heard another knock on my door after I finished putting on my clothes.

"Have you had dinner?" he asked when I opened the door. I shook my head. I was going to wait for him for dinner, and if he didn't show up until 9, I would eat by myself then. But he went home earlier than I thought.

"Not yet. Wait, how come Jaebeom oppa let you go home? I thought he'll make you pull all nighter for the two days you were gone because of me."

"He is. I just said that I had to take care of you. And I was right. I can't imagine what will happen if I didn't go home just in time to find you. Anyway, just use my bathroom if you need to wash up. Here, they gave me a box of bath bombs, so you can finish them all," he handed me a box of bath bombs before telling me to sit down. He has ordered some food so he told me to just eat right away. Since I was staying at his and he even feed me, I told him I'd do the house chores in return. He just sat there watching me while I washed the dishes.

"You can go back to the studio if you have to, oppa. You don't need to watch over me all the time. I might have freezes like before, but I had nothing else to do but sleep, so I can sleep by myself. Last night I didn't stir much, did I?"

"No. You slept well last night." He didn't say anything for awhile, so I turned my head to see his face and he looked at me carefully. "Are you sure?"

I nodded. "Yes. I'll feel worse if your project got delayed because of me. You only have a short time because Jackson oppa and Mark oppa were only here for your comeback, so go.."

He gave it a thought before proposing something else. "How about you come with me? You've been in the studio before. Just wear comfortable clothes and bring a blanket or hoodie to cover up since it'd be cold in the studio. I'll focus better if I can see that you're okay."

I was pretty sure that if I refused to accompany him back to the studio, he wouldn't go. So, I agreed and changed my clothes and grabbed a blanket with me. He called Jaebeom oppa to tell him that he was going back to the studio. Luckily, the others were still there. The boys were excited when they saw me. They all took turn to greet me, but when Bambam was about to give me a hug, Jinyoung stepped in and pulled Bambam away from me.

"Stop!" he warned him and pulled his hoodie to drag him away.

"Look at Jinyoung being territorial!" Jackson oppa teased him.

"No. She just got hurt, remember? She got bruises not only on her face. There were some on her body as well, and you guys couldn't see it, so no hugging." The rest laughed at his excuse but they all complied anyway. I laughed as well, trying to cover my stupid heart who's beating louder now. It was just simple gestures, but I felt my heart melt.