CHAPTER 23 - JACKSON DAY

JINYOUNG

"Everyone... can you guess where are we now?" Bambam started talking to the phone he was holding. "Look at us, all handsome and ready," he moved the phone so he could capture JayB and me. Comments started flowing in. Everyone was asking where we were. Minus Youngjae since he was still visiting his parents after being released from the military. Jackson's wedding was planned in a rush as well. Mark hyung's flight was cancelled so he couldn't attend as well.

"Everyone, look at Jackson, ain't he super handsome today?" Bambam started again, pulling him into the frame so everyone could see him. I heard Bam told him he was doing an IG live.

"Are you crazy? Turn it off," Jackson told him.

"No way man. This is your happy day, we should share it with ahgase at least," he continued.

"Jaebeom hyung, come here.. ," he pulled JayB now into the frame. 

"What?" JayB asked.

"Should we spill now? Do you remember back then when ahgase was speculating which one of us would get married first?" Bambam started to talk again.

"Ah.. yes. I remember. They think Jinyoung or Mark hyung would be the first one to get married," JayB answered.

"Yes, that's right. Well, guess what? You're all wrong," Bambam continued. "Because the right answer..... it's Jacksonn!!!" He turned his phone to Jackson who smiled awkwardly again, I guessed partly nervous as well but he wouldn't admit it. I was helping him with his corsage. "Whoaaa.. hyung.. the comments are going crazy," Bambam informed him. "Congratulations... who's the lucky girl... will you introduce her to the public..." he read the comments, well, only the ones that he managed to see.

"Everyone.. let's give Jackson some space now, he will tell you himself later," I stepped in and signaled Bambam to turn the IG live off because I saw Jackson's face was really uncomfortable. Luckily Bambam folded and turned the IG live off but he got a scolding from Jackson for doing IG live without even asking him first. I was glad though, this time Jackson managed to persuade Ellie into a real wedding.

"Do you see her?" I asked.

"No. This time she wouldn't let me. Even I didn't know what gown she'd wear," he answered.

"You're not supposed to see the bride, aren't you? Wait.. this time? Was there another time?" JayB was quick to catch something was wrong with Jackson's answer.

"You got to tell them anyway," I said to him. I was the only one that knew he was in a marriage contract with Ellie before. Jackson took out a deep breath and started to tell the others. "Well, Ellie and I were married couple years ago, but it wasn't real. Our grandpas, well, late grandpas, made promise to each other that they would wed their grandchildren. She suggested the idea of being in a marriage contract just to put up a front in front of her grandpa and my parents, but we started to have feelings for each other. She decided it wasn't unfair for both of us to start a relationship based on a forced marriage, so we got divorced. The rest you'd known already. She went to do some volunteer work and I haven't seen her ever since until I got hospitalized and saw her again."

"Whoaaa.. really? So when we met her, you guys were married already?" JayB asked again and Jackson nodded.

"It doesn't matter. All that matter is you guys decided to get remarried, this time on a clean slate," Bambam concluded. Our conversation was cut short since we had to line up to go inside the ballroom. After the party, Bambam tried to poke into their story more, but Jackson kicked us out. It was understandable though. They were a genuine newlywed now. After all, he would be flying to Korea as Ellie was still working in Korea so I told Bam we could poke into her in Korea later.

"Hyung, do you want to get married?" Bambam suddenly asked when we were on the plane.

"Huh? Sure, if I met the right girl. Don't you?" I asked him back. I knew he was thinking about someone, but he always pretended that he didn't ready to settle yet. While Jaebeom hyung.. I didn't know what's stopping him from proposing Elle noona. He kept telling us that he still waited for the right time. Mark hyung was involved in a dating scandal for a bit when I was in military, but he didn't say anything about it. He really kept it to himself when it came to his personal life. But I guessed he would tell us when he was ready.

"I don't know," he answered vaguely. "How can I be sure if she's the right one?" I didn't reply as I didn't know the answer either. I still tried to figure it out as well.