CHAPTER 3 - AGAINST THE RULE

SEONYOUNG

It was my day off supposedly, but for the sake of extra money, I did a home visit. I dropped by at the pharmacy to get the medicine needed and some medical equipments before heading off to my destination. Actually, we were forbidden to make our own home visit. But I've been doing this from my previous job and I merely just continued it. It wasn't illegal anyway. I just gave them vitamin injection to boost immunity. They were supposed to do it in the hospital because there might be some reaction since it was given intravenously, but since my customers have been doing this for quite some time, I figured it'd be safe enough to do it outside the hospital. These people were rich, they would pay as long as they didn't have to leave the comfort of their house.

I rang the bell and introduced myself before hearing the gate was being opened automatically. Geez.. The distance from the gate entrance to the main building was quite far and I had to walk. I started to regret my decision of doing this right after my night shift. I reached the main building eventually. There was a butler at the door and he guided me inside. He walked me toward a big empty meeting room and told me to wait inside. He then left me alone in the room. Actually this was the first time I did it in this house. Usually they called me to the gym or the club. But since there was still some restrictions because of COVID, they called me to their house instead.

I heard some noise and the door was opened seconds later. People started to come in. They were all dressed in branded stuff from head to toe. They sat along the meeting table and I started to open my notes. I started to call out their names and one by one they sat in front of me and I started to do my job. I injected the vitamin one by one. There were only two people left when the door was opened again. Two guys walked inside, and it was the jerk and his manager.

"Oh Jinyoung-ah, you come at last," one of the lady there called him out. He put on his best smile and walked to the lady and bowed down.

"Yes, I feel bad for declining your offer, so I come," he said. Tck, he was a smooth talker.

"Seonsaengnim, do you have spare injection for this young lad?" the lady asked again, turning her attention to me this time.

I checked my bag and unfortunately I did have a spare. I wasn't a good liar, so I didn't try to lie.

"Yes, I have one more left," I answered reluctantly.

"Well, that's good. Can you do it to him first? I believe he's quite busy," the old lady continued.

"It's okay.. I can wait. I don't have any schedule for another hour," he refused the offer politely, with smile on his face. He looked innocent, or pretended to look like one. I quickly finished injecting the rest and it was his turn at last. I turned to face him and waited. He pretended not to see me. I had no choice but to call out his name. Wait, what was his name? Jihoon? Jingoo? Ah.. I remembered, it was Jinyoung.

"Jinyoung-ssi? It's your turn now."

"Oh it's my turn already? Okay," he said with a bright smile on his face. He got these wrinkles on the side of his eyes that made him look... innocent? How many people were deceived by his look? He started to sit in front of me and rolled up his sleeve. I could see he was in good shape since I didn't have any problem finding his veins. I put on the tourniquet and started to insert the medicine into the syringe. Without any problem, I inserted the syringe into his vein and started to loosen up the tourniquet before injecting the medicine. After I finished injecting all the medicine, I pulled out the syringe and put on the bandage.

"Wow, is it done already? You're really good, I barely feel anything," he praised me, probably half heartedly. The lady seemed delighted to hear his comment.

"She is, isn't she? That's why she's been our favorite. Ever since I knew her, I never call for another doctor. She's the best," the lady kept on going to praise me. I just smiled as a reply and excused myself. I was really tired so I wanted to go home quickly. I have finished cleaning up my stuff and said my goodbye to the lady in charge and was about to step out of the room when someone grabbed my arm. I turned around only to see that jerk was the one holding my arm.

"What do you want now?" I hissed, jerking my arm out of his grip.

"Apparently someone is going against the rule," he smirked. I didn't say anything and immediately walked away from him.

JINYOUNG

My manager told me that Mrs. Choi was looking for me. She was a nice old lady. She was also the wife of one of the shareholder of the company that I worked at. My manager told me that she was a fan of me, that's why she frequently asked to meet me whenever I dropped by at the company. Since I was pretending to be sick yesterday, I had spare time in my schedule today. My manager got no choice but to tell Mrs. Choi that I was 'sick' yesterday. She immediately called me to invite me to her usual monthly routine, vitamin injection. She claimed that ever since she got the injection regularly, she felt much better. She felt energized and got more stamina. She told me to come over to her place and joined in. I was about to refuse the offer, but she sent me the picture of last month's event. I took a closer look and I noticed the doctor captured behind. She was half covered by the group of Mrs. Choi's friends, but I could zoom in and managed to see her face. It was yesterday's ER doc. I smiled, this was a good chance to tease her again. I changed my mind and told my manager I would join Mrs. Choi.

I was right. It was her alright. She obviously recognized me but she pretended she didn't. No problem. Acting was my daily activity. I could pretend that I never saw her before as well. I refused Mrs. Choi's offer to slip me into the line and told her that I could wait. I watched while she was working. Didn't she just finish her night shift? I thought she would go home and just slept. But she still did her work smoothly. Two people were finished in no time and it was finally my turn. I pretended not to see her so she got no choice but to call my name. I walked toward her and rolled up my sleeve. She didn't seem impressed with my muscles as I flexed it a bit when I put it on the table. She put in and out the syringe without any problem. I praised her sincerely since this was the first time I experienced it. Oh, maybe other doctors did the same but maybe it was me who was too wasted to realize. Mostly I ended up in the ER drunk, so I barely remembered those moments. However, she didn't think I was sincere though. Anyway, before she walked away, I remembered that she shouldn't take private patient outside the hospital. I needed to check whether the rule was still valid, so I whispered to her, "Apparently someone is going against the rule." I was positive that she did go against the rule consciously. She didn't answer me and immediately left the premise. This might get interesting, I thought.