CHAPTER 33 - BAD IMPRESSION

JINYOUNG

When I carried her out of the haunted house, I could see people crowding at front even though it hasn't opened yet. They were even more surprised when they saw me walking with Seonyoung cradled in my embrace. I heard people's murmur getting louder as I took another step. Then I saw some guards running through the crowd and stopped in front of me.

"Excuse me, sir, what happened?" they asked when they saw my bleeding knuckles and unconscious Seonyoung.

"You got a bad worker, or imposing as the worker. He was tied inside the haunted house. I hope the zombie could keep an eye on him. Just go inside to the haunted house and find the worker in a jumpsuit guarded by the zombie. The jumpsuit guy was the bad guy. He tried to do, only God knows what, to this lady here. Look, I'll give my statement later, just hurry and catch the bad guy before he wakes up. And let me get some help for this lady first. She's a doctor, so can you please get some help quickly?" I pleaded with the guard. One of them immediately spoke to his radio, asking for paramedic assistance while the other dashed into the haunted house. The guard outside guided me to the nearest office and let me sit once we were inside. He lined up several chairs so I could put Seonyoung down, but I refused. I wasn't letting her go again. I kept her in my embrace until help arrived.

The paramedics came with a stretcher and told me to lie Seonyoung on the stretcher. I told them she was working at S hospital and they radioed her hospital right away. Since her hospital was quite far, the paramedics told the S hospital that they would bring her to the nearest hospital and S hospital could send an ambulance along with a team to pick her up there. They checked on her injuries and they concluded it was only external injuries. They concluded she must have been terrified that made her lost consciousness. They pushed the stretcher to the ambulance and told me to follow them, but the guard reminded me that I needed to give my statement.

"Look sir, she doesn't have any relatives here, so I'm her only guardian for now. Can someone from your team ride with me in my car to get my statement while the other officer follow my car?" I asked for one more favor. They complied with my request once again. I drove my car following the ambulance in front of me while an officer sat on my passenger side asking me what happened. I told him everything from the start. From an engineer tried to get help for his so-called friend and sent Seonyoung inside the maze and left her. He pretended to leave to get help but didn't return at all. I was told to guard the front gate and when I heard a scream from inside, I left my post and went searching for Seonyoung. 

When I found them, the so-called friend aka the jumpsuit guy punched the zombie and then Seonyoung and tried to drag her away before I stopped him and punched him repeatedly. I told the office that when I found Seonyoung, she was unconscious, her clothes were ripped and she got bruises all over her face as well as marks on her bodies, probably because the jumpsuit guy tried to rape her. The officer finished taking my statement when we arrived at the nearest hospital and he told me to keep in touch. If they needed additional information, I should comply and came to the police station to help with the investigation. Especially regarding the first engineer that lured us in the first place. I had to sit down with a sketcher to give my description of him so they could find him. I agreed and excused myself as for now, my priority was Seonyoung.

She was rushed into the ER while waited for S hospital's team. The doctor in charge ordered a head CT as I told him she was being punched several times and she lost consciousness at the end, so he had to make sure there were no bleeding in her brain. They've just finished taking the CT when the ambulance came. I saw one of Seonyoung's friend came out from the ambulance. I forgot his name. He nodded toward me and then proceeded to talk to the first doctor. They exchanged information and once again, I was told to follow the ambulance back to S hospital.