CHAPTER 17 - CONFESSION #2

JINYOUNG

I still heard those boys eating and talking so noisily, but suddenly all the noise was gone. Everything became quiet when me and Jinhyuk walked out of the room. Jinhyuk was still not able to walk in long distance, so I had to support him by the waist. Obviously all the boys could look at Jinhyuk's face as well as mine as we were walking side by side from the room. When I finally stopped near the dining table, everyone was completely in silence. I helped Jinhyuk to sit before turning to look at the surprised faces of the boys. Even though I've told Jaebeom hyung about Jinhyuk, he still looked shocked.

"Everyone, let me introduce you.. Wait no, that's wrong. You guys knew him first before me," I scratched my hair. How should I tell them? Jaebeom hyung didn't waste any time though. He smacked the back of my head because I was thinking too much.

"And you said I was slow," he grunted. "Just straight the point."

"Okay.. okay.. You don't need to smack me," I grunted. "This is Jinhyuk, my twin brother, your member. And I'm Jinyoung. Do you guys want the short version or the long version?" I heard a mix of shorts and longs, of course. Those idiots.

"Aishh.. Make up your mind. But first, let me eat. Have you eaten yet?" I turned my head and asked Jinhyuk. He nodded, but I still offered him some chicken.

"Come on hyung, just start now, I'm curious," Yugyeom whined.

"So, short version, he was sick, I was called back home to replace him and now he's recovered, tadaaaa...," I tried to be funny but four pairs of eyes told me otherwise.

"Okay....," I took a long breath before starting again. "This is Jinhyuk. He was your member. Since we were kids, we were separated because a shaman told my dad that he would keep getting sick if we weren't separated. My dad then put me up for adoption and an aunt from my mother side adopted me and brought me to US. We never heard of each other until he got sick. He was diagnosed with Guillain Barre syndrome and had to put on ventilator. My dad was worried about his almost expired contract so he forced my aunt to send me home to replace him. I managed to fool you guys during Last Piece:BOL promotion era, and after you guys decided to quit JYP, I signed with BH entertainment so I wouldn't have to fool you guys any longer. He said his name was Jinyoung because all he remembered was hearing my name being called during our childhood because I kept annoying him even when he was sick." Three jaws dropped when I finished telling the story.

"And?" Jaebeom hyung told me to keep on going.

"Well, he's recovered now, as you can see. So he managed to get out of his room couple days ago, making everyone in shock because he wasn't supposed to see me. My dad was angry, of course, lashing it out on me and the doctor that was talking to me when that happened. Anyway, both of us decided not to keep you guys in the dark anymore. I was planning to come out completely in public, but there was some legal matters as my dad was probably forged some documents when he swapped my data with Jinhyuk," I continued.

"Ayeee.. You skipped the most important part of the story," Jaebeom hyung teased me. Four heads turned toward me, yes, four, including Jinhyuk's.

"What?" I asked innocently.

"Why were you talking to the doc?" Jaebeom hyung asked.

"Wait, you knew about this already hyung?" Youngjae suddenly asked. I laughed, as I saw an opportunity to turn this around.

"You know hyung, you should just keep your mouth shut. I could turn this around against you, you know," I teased him back. He buried his face on his palm and made a gesture zipping his mouth after that.

"He knew because the other day when my dad got angry at me, I stormed out of the house and called him. I stayed at his house last night," I said, skipping the details about Seonyoung and Elle noona, and he nodded gratefully to me. The rest just nodded while still munching their food.